+ Post New Thread
Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 1237
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Originally Posted by Tricks Thanks for the updates Oz, is the new release available? Hi tricks, The release has been ...
  1. #511
    ICTNUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    1,419
    Thank Post
    196
    Thanked 249 Times in 122 Posts
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricks View Post
    Thanks for the updates Oz, is the new release available?
    Hi tricks,

    The release has been put back to the end of the month (Jan 2011).

    We want to get a full update for the asset management portion as the next 2 releases we will be concentrating on the new network management potion of the software. Monitoring servers & services, switches, wireless, printers, & SNMP facilities.

    We are on target with testers fully engaged in testing.

    As soon as it is out I will post up on here and you can all go grab it

  2. #512

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,196
    Thank Post
    404
    Thanked 627 Times in 573 Posts
    Rep Power
    182
    Any plans to include block booking of resources?

  3. #513
    ICTNUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    1,419
    Thank Post
    196
    Thanked 249 Times in 122 Posts
    Rep Power
    62
    This is on the roadmap as it has been requested alot, so in answer to your question yes.

    We have just finished the first release of the live chat facility, more information can be seen here : OP SmartDesk Live Chat – 1st Look | Help desk Software, Customer Service Software, Support Ticket Software, Trouble Ticketing System, Asset Management Software

    Network diagnostic and monitoring tools are being included in the next 2 releases so we have a busy few months ahead of us but we are getting there

  4. #514

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,196
    Thank Post
    404
    Thanked 627 Times in 573 Posts
    Rep Power
    182
    Did you get my emails? Tried to call sales but nobody answered.

    Re: Free schools version sign up and user count question

    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    This is on the roadmap as it has been requested alot, so in answer to your question yes.

    We have just finished the first release of the live chat facility, more information can be seen here : OP SmartDesk Live Chat – 1st Look | Help desk Software, Customer Service Software, Support Ticket Software, Trouble Ticketing System, Asset Management Software

    Network diagnostic and monitoring tools are being included in the next 2 releases so we have a busy few months ahead of us but we are getting there

  5. #515

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,196
    Thank Post
    404
    Thanked 627 Times in 573 Posts
    Rep Power
    182
    Also, can you clarify which features aren't included in free version? Live chat? Resource booking?

    Website doesn't make it quite clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Did you get my emails? Tried to call sales but nobody answered.

    Re: Free schools version sign up and user count question

  6. #516
    ICTNUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    1,419
    Thank Post
    196
    Thanked 249 Times in 122 Posts
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Also, can you clarify which features aren't included in free version? Live chat? Resource booking?

    Website doesn't make it quite clear.
    Yes sorry it has been on those days busy, busy, busy

    I have replied to your email, let us know if you have any further questions

  7. #517
    ICTNUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    1,419
    Thank Post
    196
    Thanked 249 Times in 122 Posts
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Also, can you clarify which features aren't included in free version? Live chat? Resource booking?

    Website doesn't make it quite clear.
    The only thing not included is asset management, hosted by us and limited to a single user.

  8. #518

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,196
    Thank Post
    404
    Thanked 627 Times in 573 Posts
    Rep Power
    182
    Cannot see your email?

  9. #519
    ICTNUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    1,419
    Thank Post
    196
    Thanked 249 Times in 122 Posts
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Cannot see your email?
    I have just resent it for you

  10. #520

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,196
    Thank Post
    404
    Thanked 627 Times in 573 Posts
    Rep Power
    182
    I suspect you're sending it to the wrong address. I've PM'd you mine.

  11. #521

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,681
    Thank Post
    692
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,166 Posts
    Rep Power
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    Hi Vik,

    Have just sent you a PM with access to an installer which will create a clean database for you as there seems to be something funky going on, let me know how you get on.
    At last i've spent this week recreating the server from early snapshot. Set up DB and IIS, run the setup from latest installer, and got a clean setup. Created admin account and logged in.

    Issues: On the left i get a square that says "obout.com Evaluation has expired. Info ..." the site and info are both links that talk about students having free access...

    If i click on helpdesk home i only see menu option for staff dashboard. when i click on staff dashboard i then can see admin dashboard link. Either way, i'm missing the commands / menu down the left. i'm sure this was there last time i played with it as a borked install. What have i done wrong?

    The only part where i deviated from the instructions was the name of the website, you're gonna tell me that's critical now aren't you? I called it ITHelpdesk rather than OPSD, but it all points to the right places, and seems to work. It did before.

  12. #522

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,196
    Thank Post
    404
    Thanked 627 Times in 573 Posts
    Rep Power
    182
    Anyone know, do you still need the program installed to get emails into OPSD and does it run on Server 2008?

    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    At last i've spent this week recreating the server from early snapshot. Set up DB and IIS, run the setup from latest installer, and got a clean setup. Created admin account and logged in.

    Issues: On the left i get a square that says "obout.com Evaluation has expired. Info ..." the site and info are both links that talk about students having free access...

    If i click on helpdesk home i only see menu option for staff dashboard. when i click on staff dashboard i then can see admin dashboard link. Either way, i'm missing the commands / menu down the left. i'm sure this was there last time i played with it as a borked install. What have i done wrong?

    The only part where i deviated from the instructions was the name of the website, you're gonna tell me that's critical now aren't you? I called it ITHelpdesk rather than OPSD, but it all points to the right places, and seems to work. It did before.

  13. #523

    plexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    13,317
    Thank Post
    681
    Thanked 1,650 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Rep Power
    425
    Vik: It doesn't matter what you call your helpdesk, the expired controls are sorted in the latest beta.

    Final testing is taking place with a release for next friday which I know is later than originally planned.

    Edu-IT: Works fine on 2008 mine is installed on it, you do need to install smartping as this calls the url required to initiate the email polling page as there is no way for the website to do it iteself.

    Ben

  14. Thanks to plexer from:

    ICTNUT (12th February 2011)

  15. #524

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,196
    Thank Post
    404
    Thanked 627 Times in 573 Posts
    Rep Power
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Vik: It doesn't matter what you call your helpdesk
    Oh really? So, there should be no harm in me going in and renaming OPSD in IIS to something else? :-)

    Thanks Ben, again!

  16. #525
    johnymac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    55
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    You might also like the helpdesk (also fits framework compliant) tool at http://crm.primaryt.co.uk -- free for schools etc to use

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Framework for ICT Technical Support (FITS)
    By FITS in forum School ICT Policies
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 3rd March 2009, 09:38 AM
  2. very very urgent: FITS Your Experiences
    By russdev in forum General EduGeek News/Announcements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 23rd October 2007, 11:21 PM
  3. Is your school website DDA compliant?
    By bishopsgarthstockton in forum Web Development
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10th July 2007, 03:34 PM
  4. dda compliant website
    By Uraken in forum Web Development
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 8th June 2007, 09:23 AM
  5. PHP based Helpdesk with IMAP or POP3 authentication?
    By wesleyw in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18th October 2006, 01:08 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •