+ Post New Thread
Page 34 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Originally Posted by ICTNUT That would be correct :-) You get all your downloads directly from the BETA Testers site. ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    That would be correct :-)

You get all your downloads directly from the BETA Testers site. I have emailed you a blank database to your hotmail account let me know when you get it.
    got it now thanks. just downloading.

Thank Post
    Just completed our upgrade, had a few stumbling blocks but all good now, one copying database details from old web.config to new web.config, sort of court me out.

Gota say on first looks, Asset Manager looks great.
    Now have task of populating it all.

3. Thanks to dfergusson from:

ICTNUT (10th November 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dfergusson View Post
    Just completed our upgrade, had a few stumbling blocks but all good now, one copying database details from old web.config to new web.config, sort of court me out.

Gota say on first looks, Asset Manager looks great.
    Now have task of populating it all.
    Hm yes, i will point these out now actually.

Those of you upgrading from earlier version of OPSD where the setting are held in the web.config file these are now removed and are set in the admin area along with a number of new settings.

Also you will need to ensure that the application pool for the website that is running OPSD is running with the correct identity Local system not Network Service (Default), KB Link on how to do this will follow shortly

Thank Post
    struggling and can't reply to your email cos hotmail being dumb.
    i restored the file you sent. then detached, and reattached. not sure why apart from so i could follow your install instructions and choose dbowner.
    with new files from beta, this gets me to the homepage.
    but i can't login as admin, with default password. there is a user in db called heartofengland, not sure if that matters.
    when i try to upgrade i get this, but if i can't log in something else must be wrong:

Opening file C:\inetpub\wwwroot\OPSD\upgrade\dbupgrade.sql

Connecting to SQL Server database.

An error occured: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'poller_ssl'. Invalid column name 'helpdesk_authentication'. Invalid column name 'ldap_server'. Invalid column name 'ldap_user'. Invalid column name 'ldap_password'. Invalid column name 'ldap_group'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlExc eption exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQuer yTds(String methodName, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNo nQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at OPSD._Default6.btnUpgradeDB_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    What simple thing am i missing? have i got to restart a service or anything else..?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Vik,

I've found it best to always restart the helpdesk website after making any changes.

Ben

Thank Post
    thanks ben. done but no joy, i'm rushing as i need this soon and it's time to go home but i've restarted all things, db, and iis.

i get invalid login details. i had this before when i first started because the authentication was not set, but now i don't have that as a setting anywhere.

i'm thinking the blank database doesn't quite match with the beta files i've downloaded.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 10th November 2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: addition

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Because all of the settings bar db connection are now stored in the db itself if the authentication is set wrong in the database table you won't be able to login to the helpdesk to correct the settings, rock and hard place really.

Looking at the error you've posted I would indeed think that there is a mismatch between the blank db and what the upgrade sql script is trying to do.

Ben

Thank Post
    but i've been here in this uncomfy space for two weeks now! i just want a blank db with some files that work.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    but i've been here in this uncomfy space for two weeks now! i just want a blank db with some files that work.
    vik, have you restored the blank database that I sent you?

This is the most recent, blank, database that there is, the errors that you are getting relate to the upgrade file complaining about the settings table hence being unable to login.

Did the restore complete successfully?

Thank Post
    yes, restore to the instance. which makes the opsd db. no errors.
    then just to be sure i even detached it so i had an mdf, and reattached it, changing owner to opsdadmin. maybe that screws it up...?
    i'll try again remotely later.
    i must be missing something. because regardless of the upgrade i can't log in.
    do i need to do anything else to reset previous logins or anything. master table..? anything? i'm just taking shots in the dark now. if my next retry fails i'll go back to install an sql instance stage, and start over.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    yes, restore to the instance. which makes the opsd db. no errors.
    then just to be sure i even detached it so i had an mdf, and reattached it, changing owner to opsdadmin. maybe that screws it up...?
    i'll try again remotely later.
    i must be missing something. because regardless of the upgrade i can't log in.
    do i need to do anything else to reset previous logins or anything. master table..? anything? i'm just taking shots in the dark now. if my next retry fails i'll go back to install an sql instance stage, and start over.
    Hi Vik,

Have just sent you a PM with access to an installer which will create a clean database for you as there seems to be something funky going on, let me know how you get on.

Thank Post

Self Hosted OP SmartDesk Returns

Hi All,

You asked, we listened

We are making preperations for Self Hosted installations of OP Smartdesk to return. A new installer and installation manual has been created to make on site installations easier and trouble free with the installation manual covering 60 pages in order to cover most possible setup scenarios.

The install manual can be found here : OP Software Support Centre :: Knowledge Base

Our website will be updated over the next few days to allow for direct ordering, however, we still do recommend you go for the no obligation 30 day private trial as this will give you the best feel for the software.

You thoughts would be great on this

Thank Post

OP Software Hosting Platform Changes

Hi All,

Between the 1st Dec 2010 and 1st Jan 2011 we will be making changes to our hosting platform in orde to continue to provide a reliable and stable hosting service.

Full information can be seen on our blog ( OP Software Hosting Platform Changes | OP SmartDesk - Customer Support Made Easy. ) or our support site ( OP Software Support Centre :: Home )

Just a quick update to keep you all in the loop
    Last edited by ICTNUT; 22nd November 2010 at 06:10 PM. Reason: typo

Thank Post

Thumbs up OP SmartDesk Update, Special Offers & New Releases

Hi All,

Lots happening over the next week so I thought I would just give you a quick update.

Happy new year to all, hope you all had a good Christmas break :-)

January 2011 Special Offer

For the whole of January we are offering a further 30% off the already discounted education price bringing the software down to just 210 for a full helpdesk with integrated asset management with network management and monitoring coming in the next few months.

As part of the offer you will also get our web based network monitoring tool (OP SmartMonitor) too.

Simply quote promo code: 30JAN11 when ordering or stick it on your purchase order.

This offer is also open to those of you that have renewals coming up

Next Software Release

The next version of the software has been with testers for a while now and all going well (it seems to be) we will be releasing a new version at the end of this week, 15th Jan.

If you would like to see what is in the next version take a look at the change log here : Change Log - OP Software Issue Tracker

If you would like to see what is coming in future release take a look at the road map here: Roadmap - OP Software Issue Tracker

Anyone who has a current software license will get the upgrade automatically.

BETT 2011

As usual, has alomost become tradition, we will be helping out at the EduGeek stand (G89) this year so make sure you come on over to say hi.

We look forward to seeing you

Thank Post
    Thanks for the updates Oz, is the new release available?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread