+ Post New Thread
Page 32 of 83 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Originally Posted by Crispin So ETA for next patch is 2nd November? And I take it the patch that was ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    So ETA for next patch is 2nd November? And I take it the patch that was going to be released has been added to v2.0.4000 instead?
    Yes the next upgrade is scheduled for Nov 2nd, and Ihave people testing this for us right now.

For those that are intrested the following link contains a list of changes due in v2.0.4000 - Change Log - OP Software BugTracker

Thank Post
    Just a quick update, today we have been having issues with emails going to opsoftware.co.uk and opsoftware.net due to BT changing our static IP addresses at the office without any notice, this seems to be resolved as we moved away from BT and emails are flowing again.

External Testers now have the main bulk of the Nov 2nd Release and are testing / reporting back so looking good on that front.

I'll keep you all posted.

3. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

Crispin (11th October 2010)

Thank Post
    Just a quick update,

Testing is going really well for the v2.0.2400 release on Nov 2nd, feedback from external testers (live testing in schools) has been great and there are some nice additions coming including the first rollout of, yes you guessed it, the long awaitied asset management.

This is being tested as I write this and will be built upon over the next few months, with feedback from you of course.

We have launched a new feedback and ideas facility both on our website and our support site, simply click the orange leave feedback button on the left of the screen, leave your idea and lets brain storm

Look forward to seeing your ideas

Thank Post
    Are we looking good for the new release today?

Thank Post
    I am delaying the release untill the end of the week as we try to get as much of the asset management into this release.

We will definately have a release ready for Friday no matter what happens :-)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    I am delaying the release untill the end of the week as we try to get as much of the asset management into this release.

We will definately have a release ready for Friday no matter what happens :-)
    Okay, thanks for the update. Will have a look Monday.

Thank Post
    Yeah it will be out on Friday (PM), we need to change a couple of things but mainly as OPSD is a hosted bit of software we created a Content Delivery Network where all required files and images are delivered from, however it still turns out that some schools have really bad internet connections and this has been causing issue so we are changing this so that files are local to the install.

This is the main reason for the delay.

9. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

plexer (4th November 2010)

Thank Post
    We are happy to announce the next release of OP SmartDesk v2.0.3958.31973.

Firstly a big thank you to all who have helped with testing this release, thanks :-)

This has been a long awaited release with many new features added as well as many fixes, a full list of new additions and fixes can bee seen here: Change Log - OP Software BugTracker

This release also has the first release of the Asset Management feature and we would welcome any and all feedback on this as you start to use it. Also in this release we see a major change to the way that the settings for OP SmartDesk are held, previously these were held in the web.config file but have now been moved to the database and can be changed via the admin area. Once you apply the upgrade please make sure you update your settings in this area first as they are NOT migrated as part of the upgrade.

You can download the latest release of the software from here: https://www.opsoftware.net/customers/ with full upgrade instruction which can be found here: OP Software Support Centre :: Knowledge Base

PLEASE NOTE: This upgrade is only for OP SmartDesk users, you cannot upgrade from My Little Helpdesk to OP SmartDesk using this upgrade. If you wish to upgrade your My Little Helpdesk installation contact us first as there is no direct upgrade path, however we can do the upgrade for you should you wish to retain your exisiting data.

Let us know how you get on or if you have any questions.
    Last edited by ICTNUT; 7th November 2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: version number added

11. 2 Thanks to ICTNUT:

Crispin (8th November 2010), GrumbleDook (7th November 2010)

Thank Post
    On the new version is it possible to filter the Incident Tracking screen to only show a particular users calls rather than the entire open list of all calls assigned to all users?
    This used to be possible in MLH so am i just missing it?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by farquea View Post
    On the new version is it possible to filter the Incident Tracking screen to only show a particular users calls rather than the entire open list of all calls assigned to all users?
    This used to be possible in MLH so am i just missing it?
    All the lists in OPSD are sortable on any of the columns so you would be able to group and display incidents based on the user.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    All the lists in OPSD are sortable on any of the columns so you would be able to group and display incidents based on the user.
    i can see how to sort them but i only want to display calls of my own and not other users, this cant be done?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by farquea View Post
    i can see how to sort them but i only want to display calls of my own and not other users, this cant be done?
    If you are wanting to display only the calls that you are dealing with this is available on the staff dashboard under the My Incidents tab

16. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

farquea (8th November 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Ozan, is this release something i can install from scratch, as it without having a previous version or do i still need to wait for a complete distribution..?
    i'm under pressure to get this going and maybe even have 2 installations hosted here one for another purpose..

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Just tried to go to the customer site and couldn't log in. Reset password link wont accept either my school email or hotmail as valid accounts any more so the only place i might be able to get on is the beta testing site, but i don't want a beta just yet...help

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    The current beat that is available is the same as the release that was made public allbeit with one bug that crept in and Oz fixed it on the public release but not the beta.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread