+ Post New Thread
Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Thanks for the reply at last. Hope things will pick up for you soon. I was falling into that category ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,160 Posts
    Thanks for the reply at last. Hope things will pick up for you soon. I was falling into that category of users (and i haven't installed yet) that was losing faith a little.

I'm still interested in using the product but will have some issues with the hosted solution, i'd appreciate if you can email me so we can discuss options.

I'd love to stay involved with the project as i think it's really good, and i also believe that schools would be willing to pay a little extra if it means that you are better able to handle support, because your prices are extremely low.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Thanks for the reply at last. Hope things will pick up for you soon. I was falling into that category of users (and i haven't installed yet) that was losing faith a little.

I'm still interested in using the product but will have some issues with the hosted solution, i'd appreciate if you can email me so we can discuss options.

I'd love to stay involved with the project as i think it's really good, and i also believe that schools would be willing to pay a little extra if it means that you are better able to handle support, because your prices are extremely low.
    PM Sent

Thank Post
    i think the first thing you need to do is address all the people in this thread who have paid for your product and support and who may be like us who have no working product and have had no support for the last few months.

Your product is obviously a great one and we would like to be able to use the new version we were told all about from yourself a while back. I had planned to use the new version and its impressive reporting features to put into a monthly service document to hand to my Senior Leadership Team in school, so it doesnt look good on me when i am unable to do this even though i had promised it would be available from the start of this academic year in september.

I think people would rather you just be honest, if its unlikely you can get the new version working to communicate this with your paying customers rather than ignoring their concerns and focussing solely on other aspects as you may find you end up with no customers in the end.

Either myself or my colleague will send you a pm to discuss our situation, it would be much appreciated if you could address it today.

Thanks.

4. Thanks to farquea from:

ICTNUT (5th October 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by farquea View Post
    i think the first thing you need to do is address all the people in this thread who have paid for your product and support and who may be like us who have no working product and have had no support for the last few months.

Your product is obviously a great one and we would like to be able to use the new version we were told all about from yourself a while back. I had planned to use the new version and its impressive reporting features to put into a monthly service document to hand to my Senior Leadership Team in school, so it doesnt look good on me when i am unable to do this even though i had promised it would be available from the start of this academic year in september.

I think people would rather you just be honest, if its unlikely you can get the new version working to communicate this with your paying customers rather than ignoring their concerns and focussing solely on other aspects as you may find you end up with no customers in the end.

Either myself or my colleague will send you a pm to discuss our situation, it would be much appreciated if you could address it today.

Thanks.
    We do have a fully working version that does work without issue, If i am honest I will await your PM to discuss your specific issue, however only last night I setup 3 trial sites on our servers for people in 10 mins all working and all in use. This does come back to the varying differences in local server setups that we have had to deal with and has been a problem.

I look forward to your PM

Thank Post
    Hi Ozan,
    Currently we're hosting opsd ourselves, if we wanted to move over to a hosted service by yourself would this incur any extra costs?

I think it would benefit us to have it hosted with yourself if this is possible

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    Hi Ozan,
    Currently we're hosting opsd ourselves, if we wanted to move over to a hosted service by yourself would this incur any extra costs?

I think it would benefit us to have it hosted with yourself if this is possible
    No there is no charge for moving over, we would just need to work with you to plan the migration in order to minimise downtime. Once you have migrated it would simply be the standard annual charge for the version you were using when your renewal was due.

Thank Post
    Ok, this may be a bit sudden, but if you have available time on friday could we do it then? Friday is an inset day here so we'll have no students around and teachers will be in trainin sessions all day. No worries if that is inconvienient though we can always aim for a later date.

Thank Post
    Ok, this may be a bit sudden, but if you have available time on friday could we do it then? Friday is an inset day here so we'll have no students around and teachers will be in trainin sessions all day. No worries if that is inconvienient though we can always aim for a later date.
    what database backend are you using? MSSQL2005, 2008, 2008R2, Something else?

Thank Post
    MSSQL 2008R2

Thank Post
    MSSQL 2008R2
    All we will need is a backup of your database as we have all the files here.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    All we will need is a backup of your database as we have all the files here.
    I'm just submitting a support ticket with the database attached, surprising how well it compresses, only 582kb as a zip file

Thank Post
    I'm just submitting a support ticket with the database attached, surprising how well it compresses, only 582kb as a zip file
    I have that, thanks.

I have just PM'd you.

14. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

mrbios (5th October 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,643 Times in 1,466 Posts
    Don't forget that anything submitted between now and then won't be in the hosted version or have you taken your onsite one offline?

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Don't forget that anything submitted between now and then won't be in the hosted version or have you taken your onsite one offline?

Ben
    Good point. His site is up and running already just awaiting a change in data.

Thank Post
    So ETA for next patch is 2nd November? And I take it the patch that was going to be released has been added to v2.0.4000 instead?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread