+ Post New Thread
Page 29 of 82 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Will updates still be provided to those who host themselves? Also, after the years license is up, if we renew ...
    Thank Post
    Will updates still be provided to those who host themselves?

Also, after the years license is up, if we renew are we still able to receive upgrades or will we have to move over to the hosted service?

Cheers
    Chris

Thank Post
    Every time someone attempts to log a support request i get an error along the lines of:
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The parameter 'address' cannot be an empty string.
    Parameter name: address
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The parameter 'address' cannot be an empty string.
    Parameter name: address

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: The parameter 'address' cannot be an empty string.
    Parameter name: address]
    System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address, String displayName, Encoding displayNameEncoding) +1107241
    System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address) +8
    OPSD._new1.btnAdd_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +6958
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String eventArgument) +110
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData) +36
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4952; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927
    The incident is submitted, though no emails are recieved to notify us of the incidents

EDIT:
    ^^ the above is what happens when we the staff attempt to create a new ticket, this is what happens when teachers create one:
    Server Error in '/' Application.

The parameter 'to' cannot be an empty string.
    Parameter name: to
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The parameter 'to' cannot be an empty string.
    Parameter name: to

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: The parameter 'to' cannot be an empty string.
    Parameter name: to]
    System.Net.Mail.MailMessage..ctor(String from, String to) +1105239
    OPSD._new.btnAdd_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +6596
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String eventArgument) +110
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData) +36
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4952; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927
    Same issue when attempting to close a ticket
    Last edited by mrbios; 2nd September 2010 at 03:51 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Will updates still be provided to those who host themselves?

Also, after the years license is up, if we renew are we still able to receive upgrades or will we have to move over to the hosted service?

Cheers
    Chris
    No not at all, updates will still be provided to self hosted customers and upon renewal you will be given the option to move or stay as you are, or simply put business as usual.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    Every time someone attempts to log a support request i get an error along the lines of:

The incident is submitted, though no emails are recieved to notify us of the incidents

EDIT:
    ^^ the above is what happens when we the staff attempt to create a new ticket, this is what happens when teachers create one:

Same issue when attempting to close a ticket
    This is becouae either the user who has updated the incident or the person the incident was created for does not have a valid email address or there is no support email address or reply to eamil address in the web.config file.

Please see here for more on this: OP SmartDesk Knowledge Base Article

Thank Post
    Ah i didn't have "<add key="Poller_Reply_Email" value="" />" set

That solves the "address" error, and i now know that the "to" error is because the user has no email address, problem is they get the option to create an incident before ever entering their email! (i am using LDAP authentication) so i need the login box to go to perfs.aspx automatically so it shows they need to put an email address in, rather than going to default.aspx.

I opened a support ticket with you yesterday if that's more useful than here

Thank Post
    has the new update been released yet ??

Thank Post
    Ah i didn't have "<add key="Poller_Reply_Email" value="" />" set

That solves the "address" error, and i now know that the "to" error is because the user has no email address, problem is they get the option to create an incident before ever entering their email! (i am using LDAP authentication) so i need the login box to go to perfs.aspx automatically so it shows they need to put an email address in, rather than going to default.aspx.

I opened a support ticket with you yesterday if that's more useful than here
    We have seen the support ticket and will update that also, we are aware of the issue surrounding staff being able to add incidents before adding an email address. This issue is being addressed in the next release where they will be forced to add an email address before they can do anything else. We did look into pulling this from LDAP but that is only of any use if you have MS Exchange in place or if you have the email attribute populated in Active Directory, so the only sure fire way to do this is within the software itself.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mant01 View Post
    has the new update been released yet ??
    Should be next couple of days, just finishing putting the release together.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    We have seen the support ticket and will update that also, we are aware of the issue surrounding staff being able to add incidents before adding an email address. This issue is being addressed in the next release where they will be forced to add an email address before they can do anything else. We did look into pulling this from LDAP but that is only of any use if you have MS Exchange in place or if you have the email attribute populated in Active Directory, so the only sure fire way to do this is within the software itself.
    that's excellent news, for now i have emailed all staff to enter their email address themselves, but it appears when they do that and i check their user profile after them entering it manually it hasn't saved the setting, is this a permissions thing or another issue?

Possibly being a bit hopeful, but would you be able to add an option for people with an exchange server to enable so that it could be pulled from active directory? Maybe as a future feature?

10. Thanks to mrbios from:

ICTNUT (4th September 2010)

Thank Post
    Possibly being a bit hopeful, but would you be able to add an option for people with an exchange server to enable so that it could be pulled from active directory? Maybe as a future feature?
    I don't see why not, it's a reasonable request.

12. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

mrbios (4th September 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    Should be next couple of days, just finishing putting the release together.
    Is the new release available? Can only see v2.0.3780 at the moment.

Yes this would be a big plus for us to. I'd be surprised if fair portion of secondary schools didn't run Exchange and would like this feature.

Thank Post
    Any news on the release yet? If I have to set another job to 'meduim' priority, the pedant in me is going to have a crisis...

Thank Post
    Wow amazing nice script release mate

Kind Regards,
    Nick.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Any news on the release yet? If I have to set another job to 'meduim' priority, the pedant in me is going to have a crisis...
    What's wrong with medium priority?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    What's wrong with medium priority?
    Nothing. But 'meduim' is embarassing.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread