+ Post New Thread
Page 26 of 82 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Originally Posted by mant01 Hi, Sorry in the delay replying back. I tried adding in .avi to the web.config file ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mant01 View Post
    Hi, Sorry in the delay replying back. I tried adding in .avi to the web.config file but still no joy.

Regards

Tony
    I emailed Ozan about this a few days ago and again today, no reply so far.

Also wanted to know if PDF's and images can be uploaded to KB articles, but doesn't look like you can at the moment.

Also it seems the FCKEditor is broken.

Thank Post
    Hmm got another problem, when i click "new announcement" it doesnt load the slide down section of the page and i get this:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; image_azv; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
    Timestamp: Wed, 26 May 2010 15:24:15 UTC

Line: 83
    Char: 8154
    Code: 0
    URI: ......net/support/Content/Scripts/jquery-ui-1.7.2.custom.min.js

So i've got this error + the navigation bar for "you are here:" are my only two issues now

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post

Also wanted to know if PDF's and images can be uploaded to KB articles, but doesn't look like you can at the moment.

Also it seems the FCKEditor is broken.
    The upload via FCKeditor was disabled by us as it was not stable enough under the .Net version the have released.

Attaching files and embedding videos in KB articles is coming in the next release due August 2010

Chris: Have responded twice to your emails now, are you not getting them??
    Last edited by ICTNUT; 26th May 2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Added info

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I retract this statement as it appears there is a problem with our email relay and emails seem to be disappearing all over the shop. Apologies Ozan!

5. Thanks to Crispin from:

ICTNUT (27th May 2010)

Thank Post
    Is there an ETA on Enterprise version? Also any screen shot of the asset management?

Sorry to bug.

Thank Post
    It all seems very quiet on the Asset Management front, which is a shame because this would have been a perfect week (for me at least) to get it all uptodate with asset information.

Any one heard any news ?

Thank Post
    It all seems very quiet on the Asset Management front, which is a shame because this would have been a perfect week (for me at least) to get it all uptodate with asset information.

Any one heard any news ?
    I don't wish to start a rumour but, yesterday I e-mailed Ozan about OPSmartdesk (I've lost my product key and therefore can log support calls on the website!) and I've have so far heard nothing back. FYI I'm currently in the process of installing OPSmartDesk 2.0 and I'm having a fight with the on-line installation instructions which are rather "lightweight" and have typos. I've yet to figure out what to do with the license key once I've got it!

This lack of a quick response in itself is not too unusual as the company is relatively small in size. However, what has got me worried this morning is I'm getting "website not found" error messages for http://www.opsoftware.net/ and "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at opsoftware.ict-helpdesk.net" http://www.opsoftware.ict-helpdesk.net! The latter is where the installation instructions are held! Web 2.0 is more like OMG I wished I had printed off/ downloaded a copy of the instructions! Not encouraging.

Now this may be because of a common problem, but what worries me is that OPSoftware also provide a hosted (web 2.0) Helpdesk solution. Not really a very good advert and I just hope the company hasn't gone bust as the product has potential.

As many of us know, there have been severe delays in getting out the Enterprise version of the software and the the asset management add-in still seems to be WIP, although originally promised for release in the new year (2010).

Please can someone (Ozan maybe?) put my mind at rest?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ictstbenedicts View Post
    I don't wish to start a rumour but, yesterday I e-mailed Ozan about OPSmartdesk (I've lost my product key and therefore can log support calls on the website!) and I've have so far heard nothing back. FYI I'm currently in the process of installing OPSmartDesk 2.0 and I'm having a fight with the on-line installation instructions which are rather "lightweight" and have typos. I've yet to figure out what to do with the license key once I've got it!

This lack of a quick response in itself is not too unusual as the company is relatively small in size. However, what has got me worried this morning is I'm getting "website not found" error messages for http://www.opsoftware.net/ and "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at opsoftware.ict-helpdesk.net" http://www.opsoftware.ict-helpdesk.net! The latter is where the installation instructions are held! Web 2.0 is more like OMG I wished I had printed off/ downloaded a copy of the instructions! Not encouraging.

Now this may be because of a common problem, but what worries me is that OPSoftware also provide a hosted (web 2.0) Helpdesk solution. Not really a very good advert and I just hope the company hasn't gone bust as the product has potential.

As many of us know, there have been severe delays in getting out the Enterprise version of the software and the the asset management add-in still seems to be WIP, although originally promised for release in the new year (2010).

Please can someone (Ozan maybe?) put my mind at rest?
    Hi,

Ozan has been at the EduGeek Conference for the past couple of days which is probably why there is a delay in the response to your request, i know he has been picking up emails and i know he would get back to you soon (quickly as possible)

With regards to the website, there seems to be a problem i have alerted Oz to this as i noticed it first thing this morning and it is in the process of being fixed it is nothing to be alarmed about he hasn't run of the face of the earth i can promise you that i dont know any facts as to why the website is down or/ the reasons behind it but i am sure when oz gets chance he will let everyone know.

As for the comment in regards to the delay in the Enterprise Version of the OP SmartDesk Hang in there! once it comes from what i can gather alot of people will be so shocked! they may need help getting up of the floor ;-)

Hope that helps,

James.
    Last edited by EduTech; 3rd June 2010 at 11:28 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the reassurance.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    Hi,

Ozan has been at the EduGeek Conference for the past couple of days which is probably why there is a delay in the response to your request, i know he has been picking up emails and i know he would get back to you soon (quickly as possible)

With regards to the website, there seems to be a problem i have alerted Oz to this as i noticed it first thing this morning and it is in the process of being fixed it is nothing to be alarmed about he hasn't run of the face of the earth i can promise you that i dont know any facts as to why the website is down or/ the reasons behind it but i am sure when oz gets chance he will let everyone know.

As for the comment in regards to the delay in the Enterprise Version of the OP SmartDesk Hang in there! once it comes from what i can gather alot of people will be so shocked! they may need help getting up of the floor ;-)

Hope that helps,

James.
    Yes thanks, was also getting a little worried myself. My helpdesk is up and running but I really need the Asset Mangement now.

Looking forward to picking myself up off the floor !!

Tony

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Although the website is up and running now, this seems to be all that working.

Sent an e-mail to Ozan last Wednesday, no reply.
    Logged two online support calls yesterday, still unassigned after 26hrs.
    Tried e-mailing Technical Support:support@opsoftware.net (as listed at About Us | OP Software - Solutions for Education) e-mail bounced, mailbox not found!
    Just tried phoning their telephone Sales number only to get voice mail. As there are no other telephone numbers, I've seem to have run out of options, other than paying a personal visit to their office!

Not looking good.

Anyone else experiencing problems contacting OPSoftware in the last two weeks? Have you had responses or are you still awaiting a response?

Thank Post

Unhappy

Although the website is up and running now, this seems to be all that's working.

Tried e-mailing Technical Support:support@opsoftware.net (as listed at About Us | OP Software - Solutions for Education) e-mail bounced, mailbox not found!
    Just tried phoning their telephone Sales number only to get voice mail. As there are no other telephone numbers, I've seem to have run out of options, other than paying a personal visit to their office!

Not looking good.

Anyone else experiencing problems contacting OPSoftware in the last two weeks? Have you had responses or are you still awaiting a response?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by ictstbenedicts View Post
    Although the website is up and running now, this seems to be all that's working.

Not looking good.

I have also had little joy in getting a response from Oz or anyone in the last few weeks.

Thank Post
    I have also had little joy in getting a response from Oz or anyone in the last few weeks.
    Hi All,

I have to appologise if we have missed any contact that we should have had.

While on the way back from the EduGeek conference I got a phone call advising that all sites and servers were down this was as a result of our internet feeds at the data center being turned off by the center provider this was resolved on Friday, they turned off the wrong data cab.

We have since had our email server fall over which is not a problem as we have a backup email server at the office but then when BT kill your office link, well all in all it been a "good" few days.

Our office link came back up just before lunch today and emails have started flowing in again.

Those of you that have posted in the last few posts will have either already had a response from us or should have a response no later then tomorrow morning.

Again sorry for any delay in getting back to you but sometimes the world is just against you

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread