+ Post New Thread
Page 21 of 83 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Originally Posted by Tricks I've had a similar problem. I get the error "System.ArgumentException: The parameter 'to' cannot be an ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricks View Post
    I've had a similar problem. I get the error "System.ArgumentException: The parameter 'to' cannot be an empty string. Parameter name: to", and the stack trace refers System.Net.Mail.MailMessage, so it would seem it's an email issue but not sure what to do about it.
    You need to ensure that your email settings are set correctly in the web.config file, the following article will show you what must be filled in and with what.

OP SmartDesk Knowledge Base Article

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    You need to ensure that your email settings are set correctly in the web.config file, the following article will show you what must be filled in and with what.

OP SmartDesk Knowledge Base Article
    I've realised the problem, on the first login of an LDAP authenticated user it doesn't pull their email address over. Could this be added next update please?

I really appreciate your efforts supporting this promising helpdesk solution, you could save a lot of work by handling errors better though. For example, simply telling the user/admin they don't have an email address set so we can deal with it, rather than bother you with trivial problems.
    Last edited by Tricks; 30th March 2010 at 01:18 PM.

Thank Post
    If you access the helpdesk from the server itself then a fully detailed message will be displayed, if you can get that as a screenshot and email it to me as it may have sensative information in it I will take a look at let you know what to do.
    It still displays the same message no extra details... Should I be accessing it differently? I have tried localhost:85 also

Michael

Thank Post
    Okay I've realised the problem, on the first login of an LDAP authenticated user it doesn't pull their email address over. Could this be added next update please?
    Yes that is correct, the reason it was dropped was due to the wide ranging way that schools setup thier email addresses and was a real issue under MLH.

We are actively looking into ways to pull the email address out of AD in order to pre populate this upon first login.

Thank Post
    We are actively looking into ways to pull the email address out of AD in order to pre populate this upon first login.
    It may be completely different in .NET but when I used to write PHP scripts that did LDAP queries to AD there was a field just called 'mail' that held the users email address.

Thank Post
    It may be completely different in .NET but when I used to write PHP scripts that did LDAP queries to AD there was a field just called 'mail' that held the users email address.
    Yes that is provided you have an AD intergrated email server like Exchange, not all schools have this and we have even had some that just use plain old googleMail and this is where the problem steps in.

Thank Post
    Yes that is provided you have an AD intergrated email server like Exchange, not all schools have this and we have even had some that just use plain old googleMail and this is where the problem steps in.
    For those that use Exchange it would be a big plus. At the moment I wouldn't be happy making the helpdesk live to staff as it will confuse more than it helps. I could do a SQL query to popular email addresses based on usernames but that's useless till they have logged in once.

Thank Post
    For those that use Exchange it would be a big plus. At the moment I wouldn't be happy making the helpdesk live to staff as it will confuse more than it helps. I could do a SQL query to popular email addresses based on usernames but that's useless till they have logged in once.
    We have gotten one of our admin staff to enter users in manually. She started a couple of hours ago and has almost entered all 200 of our staff.

Perhaps that would be a viable alternative if you have any admin/typing staff willing to pick up some data entry?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    We have gotten one of our admin staff to enter users in manually. She started a couple of hours ago and has almost entered all 200 of our staff.

Perhaps that would be a viable alternative if you have any admin/typing staff willing to pick up some data entry?
    I'm thinking of exporting a list of staff and doing a bulk import via SQL. I assume if I leave the passwords blank in the database with LDAP-auth still enabled it'll sort itself out?

Thank Post
    I assume if I leave the passwords blank in the database with LDAP-auth still enabled it'll sort itself out?
    Sorry I couldn't tell you, I'm sure Oz will let you know. We've entered all our passwords as 'password'.

cheers

Thank Post
    I'm thinking of exporting a list of staff and doing a bulk import via SQL. I assume if I leave the passwords blank in the database with LDAP-auth still enabled it'll sort itself out?
    Yes passwords can be left blank if using LDAP as these are not checked.

Thank Post
    Just a couple questions

Is NTLM authentication still supported in the new version?
    How do I get the email polling working?

Thanks

Thank Post
    At the moment a normal user can proritise the call they are logging. Is it possible to remove this as i only want members of the Services team to be able to prioritise incidents etc.

I would be happy if when a call was logged a default priority was set, but not seen by the user. Having looked at the prorities as well can the spelling of meduim be changed to medium easily?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffkins View Post
    At the moment a normal user can proritise the call they are logging. Is it possible to remove this as i only want members of the Services team to be able to prioritise incidents etc.

I would be happy if when a call was logged a default priority was set, but not seen by the user. Having looked at the prorities as well can the spelling of meduim be changed to medium easily?
    We have an online tracker which can be found here: http://tracker.opsoftware.net/ if you could login there you can raise any suggestions you may have and we will look at them for inclusion in a future version.

The spelling mistake that you have pointed out has been fixed but there is also a suggestion on there on how to fix if you cannot wait until the next release.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Just a couple questions

Is NTLM authentication still supported in the new version?
    How do I get the email polling working?

Thanks
    NTLM authentication is not currently supported as this does not translate across to non microsoft platforms such as linux or Mac also mobile devices do not support this.

It has been requested on our tracker and we are looking at it with the possibility of inclusion in a later release.

As far as email polling goes there is an article on our knowledge base that shows you how to get this running, it can be found here: https://opsoftware.ict-helpdesk.net/kb.aspx

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread