+ Post New Thread
Page 20 of 84 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Oz i know you have been working really hard on getting the release out to everyone but i was wondering ...

Thank Post
    Oz i know you have been working really hard on getting the release out to everyone but i was wondering if there is a timescale on updating the hosted helpdesks? Just with us being on Easter break would be ideal time

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.81 View Post
    Oz i know you have been working really hard on getting the release out to everyone but i was wondering if there is a timescale on updating the hosted helpdesks? Just with us being on Easter break would be ideal time
    We are slowly getting through the list, drop me a PM and we'll see what we can do for you.

Thank Post
    Updated and working here. Although not had any luck getting the email polling going yet though. Is there any way to do a test email poll and send a test email to confirm it's working (or give an error)?

Unfortunately the new update check doesn't work over our proxy so just causes a ~30 second page load delay.
    Last edited by Tricks; 30th March 2010 at 10:51 AM.

Thank Post
    Just as an update to Linkazoid's problem for some reason when the .Net Framework was installed it did not register the ASP.Net web extensions and therefore the site did not display, we have fixed this and he is a happy chappy

Thank Post
    A Massive Thanks for Ozan for remoting in and setting ours up....

I'm now a happy bunny!

Michael

6. Thanks to linkazoid from:

ICTNUT (30th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricks View Post
    Updated and working here. Although not had any luck getting the email polling going yet though. Is there any way to do a test email poll and send a test email to confirm it's working (or give an error)?

Unfortunately the new update check doesn't work over our proxy so just causes a ~30 second page load delay.
    Re: email polling

We are putting up a KB article about this in the next few minutes.

Re: Upgrade notification

Does your server have direct access to the net?

If so you could put in a local proxy bypass for opsoftware.net and that should work

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    Does your server have direct access to the net?

If so you could put in a local proxy bypass for opsoftware.net and that should work
    Our internet is provided by the South West Grid for Learning (SWGfL), we use their proxy to gain internet access. We don't have any direct access to the internet, I'd imagine this isn't uncommon.

I don't know much trouble it is for you to make your .NET traverse a proxy but if you could at least reduce the time-out to a few seconds that would be appreciated.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricks View Post
    Our internet is provided by the South West Grid for Learning (SWGfL), we use their proxy to gain internet access. We don't have any direct access to the internet, I'd imagine this isn't uncommon.

I don't know much trouble it is for you to make your .NET traverse a proxy but if you could at least reduce the time-out to a few seconds that would be appreciated.
    The time lag is the time it takes for the proxy to timeout out or send a response, that has nothing to do with .Net as it will just sit and wait.

I have logged a request on our tracker for further investigation.

Thank Post
    Hi Ozan,

I'm back with my 1st Problem already

I have created a testuser and when I create a test incident and click send request. I recieve the following error.

An unexpected error occurred within the helpdesk. The helpdesk administrator has been informed and may contact you to dicuss this further

If I then go to track incident as the testuser - the job has been logged... any idea why this would happen?

EDIT:: I have also set the queue "Install Support" to not show, but it still shows when submitting a incident.

Michael
    Last edited by linkazoid; 30th March 2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: more problems

Thank Post
    Hi Ozan,

I have created a testuser and when I create a test incident and click send request. I recieve the following error.

An unexpected error occurred within the helpdesk. The helpdesk administrator has been informed and may contact you to dicuss this further

If I then go to track incident as the testuser - the job has been logged... any idea why this would happen?

Michael
    I've just had the same problem. Check to make sure all your email settings are configured in web.config, especially the poller email and support email address.

You can get a more detailed error message by logging on to the helpdesk from the server itself.

ie. "http://localhost:81" for example.

Thank Post
    Have I gone mad or was there previously an option for adding bulk users in user management?

Can't seem to find it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by linkazoid View Post
    Hi Ozan,

EDIT:: I have also set the queue "Install Support" to not show, but it still shows when submitting a incident.

Michael
    Security of the software has been stepped up abit in that if you get an error generated on the helpdesk it will show a default error page and not scare the life out of the user

If you access the helpdesk from the server itself then a fully detailed message will be displayed, if you can get that as a screenshot and email it to me as it may have sensative information in it I will take a look at let you know what to do.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Are you not able to bypass their proxy aswell?

We use essex's upstream proxy

Would they not have a solution? It may be worth asking them.
    We used to have an unfiltered proxy but it was removed some time ago and no longer available. However it was my impression that OPSD wasn't designed to use a proxy, rather than this being a filtering issue.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 30th March 2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: security issue in quote

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Have I gone mad or was there previously an option for adding bulk users in user management?

Can't seem to find it.
    Yes there was but it did nothing as we have not implemented it yet, this is still in testing and should not have been visible in the first place.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by linkazoid View Post

I've had a similar problem. I get the error "System.ArgumentException: The parameter 'to' cannot be an empty string. Parameter name: to", and the stack trace refers System.Net.Mail.MailMessage, so it would seem it's an email issue but not sure what to do about it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread