+ Post New Thread
Page 17 of 83 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Hi guys, I'm sorry that you are having so much trouble getting hold of Ozan, he has recently taken on ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 1,414 Posts
    Hi guys,

I'm sorry that you are having so much trouble getting hold of Ozan, he has recently taken on more staff to deal with the development of this product and I think at the moment they are just trying to finalise everything.

I do realise however that the communication has been a bit lacking on this thread.

Thanks.

Ben

Thank Post
    I've just rung Oz and asked him to provide you all with an update.

Thanks.

Ben

Thank Post
    We have been a little streched in that we did not anticipate the level of response we have had, nearly 300 requersts for the free version alone, add to this we are going throigh the process of upgrading our existing customers with dabatase converstions and such it has placed a little load on us.

Those of you that have sent orders to us for the new version I will get your accounts authorised over the weekend ready for Monday so you can download it.

4. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

GrumbleDook (18th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Hi Mate,

How about those of us who are existing customers, but will be installing from fresh? eg no DB conversion.

-Ken

Thank Post
    I'm curious as to wether i could integrate this into our school intranet so that it would be on the homepage of the teachers intranet in an iframe - would this be achievable?

All previous helpdesk solutions have had relativly little use due to staff having a "cant be bothered" attitude and would rather pickup the phone only for us to forget what they told us one 10 other people have asked us questions, the only way i can see something working for us is if it was a part of our home page for the users to add help requests

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    I'm curious as to wether i could integrate this into our school intranet so that it would be on the homepage of the teachers intranet in an iframe - would this be achievable?

All previous helpdesk solutions have had relativly little use due to staff having a "cant be bothered" attitude and would rather pickup the phone only for us to forget what they told us one 10 other people have asked us questions, the only way i can see something working for us is if it was a part of our home page for the users to add help requests
    There is no reason as to why this could not be done using an iframe or other means to embed the helpdesk webpage.

With MLH i used a SharePoint Page Viewer Webpart for the helpdesk and that worked fine and that is all essentially an iframe does.

also, with OPSmartDesk being based on templates you probably make it embed much smoother into an actual webpage.

James.

8. Thanks to EduTech from:

mrbios (19th March 2010)

Thank Post
    How about those of us who are existing customers, but will be installing from fresh? eg no DB conversion.
    That's the same position I'm in. Just need the files + code.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @Crispin + @Wagnerk

What Databases are you currently using MSSQL or/ MYSQL ?

James.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnerk View Post
    Hi Mate,

-Ken
    OK We have put a process in place so that any exisiting customers who wish to do a clean install and not upgrade simply email the support team on support [at] opsoftware.net requesting a clean install and your account will be updated so you can download the software.

This should help fastrack those of you that are waiting.

12. 3 Thanks to ICTNUT:

Crispin (19th March 2010), vikpaw (20th March 2010), wagnerk (19th March 2010)

Thank Post

Depending what is on your home page you have 2 choices, embedding using iframe is a good way to go or you could do as I know a number of other schools have and that is change the staff home page so it is the helpdesk.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    @Crispin + @Wagnerk

James.
    Will be using SQL 2008

Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    OK We have put a process in place so that any exisiting customers who wish to do a clean install and not upgrade simply email the support team on support [at] opsoftware.net requesting a clean install and your account will be updated so you can download the software.

Sweet

-ken

Thank Post
    @Crispin + @Wagnerk

James.
    SQL 2005 Standard.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post

Ok, I have emailed. Cheers

Thank Post

I do exactly as Oz has said and use the helpdesk as their homepage. I use the weblink feature to provide them quick access links to webpages they need such as the vle, mis, google, email etc...

I have still had an occasional person say they couldn't find the helpdesk

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    There is no reason as to why this could not be done using an iframe or other means to embed the helpdesk webpage.

With MLH i used a SharePoint Page Viewer Webpart for the helpdesk and that worked fine and that is all essentially an iframe does.

also, with OPSmartDesk being based on templates you probably make it embed much smoother into an actual webpage.

James.
    Oz told me that to make it look good in sharepoint, there's something you should add to the URL. it's the same thing that you will find if you load up on a mobile device. if you manually add this to the sharepoint web part url, then you will get the stripped down version and it will fit in better with whatever else is going on on the page.

@Oz - Congrats! and thanks for the news on email process, i figured the download link would automatically be updated. just off to email now.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread