+ Post New Thread
Scripts Thread, PaperCut Script for working out what period it is in Coding and Web Development; I am just delving into PaperCut scripting as I want to do the following. Automatically charge departments for printing at ...
    Thank Post

PaperCut Script for working out what period it is

I am just delving into PaperCut scripting as I want to do the following.
    Automatically charge departments for printing at certain times eg Period 1 charge IT, Period 2 charge Tech.
    These would be for timetabled lessons. Then I will make bookable periods so the jobs are held and the Teacher will have to use the print release station and that is charged to that particular department.

Looking at the sample scripts I don't see any problems writing the script although I can see the working out of the periods becoming very cumbersome with a lot of IF/Case statements etc. I was just wondering if anyone had any examples already that might be done in a fairly neat and compact way, other than the way I have formulated in my head already.

Cheers

ChrisH

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    I am just delving into PaperCut scripting as I want to do the following.
    Automatically charge departments for printing at certain times eg Period 1 charge IT, Period 2 charge Tech.
    These would be for timetabled lessons. Then I will make bookable periods so the jobs are held and the Teacher will have to use the print release station and that is charged to that particular department.

Looking at the sample scripts I don't see any problems writing the script although I can see the working out of the periods becoming very cumbersome with a lot of IF/Case statements etc. I was just wondering if anyone had any examples already that might be done in a fairly neat and compact way, other than the way I have formulated in my head already.

Cheers

ChrisH
    The only issue I can see is what if the timetable changes spare of the moment? Would using the print release station just not make it a whole lot easier and quicker? You can bulk release from what I recall.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread