+ Post New Thread
Scripts Thread, Folder Permissions Script in Coding and Web Development; I'm looking for a way to make a logon script run to change the permissions to a folder in all ...
    Thank Post

Cool Folder Permissions Script

I'm looking for a way to make a logon script run to change the permissions to a folder in all staff user areas...
    In simple terms, our users profiles are stored in the same place as their saved files and the SMT want us to disable their ability to save to their desktops...
    I'd of thought that a script to change the folder permissions at logon would let us achieve this, then we can send a mail around to all staff telling them that if they don't remove work from their desktop it will be removed for them...

This script method or any other method would be very helpful...

I hope that makes sense

Thank Post
    You could also redirect their desktop using GPO to an empty folder which they dont have write permissions to?

Thank Post
    That's what we had been talking about before, but we're looking for a way to make the staff tidy up their desktops... and thought that changing things so that they can't save to their desktops with the files that are already there would make them think a little more about what's going on...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceZ4 View Post
    That's what we had been talking about before, but we're looking for a way to make the staff tidy up their desktops... and thought that changing things so that they can't save to their desktops with the files that are already there would make them think a little more about what's going on...
    Is the desktop folder a subfolder of the My Documents? In which case redirecting the desktop won't technically affect their data they will just have to browse further for it (possibly making the task of organisation a little more appealing )

Thank Post
    The way it works is that the "Profile" folder is inside the "My Documents" folder that already sits on the server, everything inside the profiles folder is hidden so that they can't see it. We just want to have a way to stop them adding to this folder or set of folders if they have some on their desktop already...
    We're having the whole system changed over the summer holidays and the file structure is being changed... So we're trying to make things as easy as possible...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread