+ Post New Thread
Scripts Thread, File copy permissions... in Coding and Web Development; Under a student account i need the following to work: Code: copy "\fs1\programs\Design and Technology\foodhygiene\xobglu32.dll" "%USERPROFILE%" ping -n 11 127.0.0.1 ...
    Thank Post

File copy permissions...

Under a student account i need the following to work:
    Code:
    copy "\\fs1\programs\Design and Technology\foodhygiene\xobglu32.dll" "%USERPROFILE%"
    ping -n 11 127.0.0.1 >NUL
    "\\fs1\programs\Design and Technology\foodhygiene\IFHT.exe"
    Basically that dll is 42mb and im using mandatory profiles under windows 7 and the piece of crap hygiene program won't run without that dll in the userprofile folder. I can make it work with a GPP but obviously i don't want 42mb to copy to EVERY profile on EVERY logon EVERY day

Can anyone suggest either an alternative way to achieve the same thing or a way of making that work without the username and password being visible in a batch file?

TheLibrarian
    Yes, store the file locally and have the logon script copy the file in from the local source.

bio
    Thank Post
    did you try Cameyo ? then you can run it from a share.

bio..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLibrarian View Post
    Yes, store the file locally and have the logon script copy the file in from the local source.
    Tried that but it won't work, most likely because i block users from writing to the root of their userprofile, only works if i copy the file to that location as an administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bio View Post
    did you try Cameyo ? then you can run it from a share.

bio..
    I'll give that a go, cheers

Thank Post
    Damn cameyo won't work because it's not an installable program, had to hunt around in our box of "the past" to find the CD (the date on the CD is 2001 just to give you an idea of how crap this software is) but it's one of those programs that is intended to be run off the CD, no installer = no virtual package

When i run "IFHT.exe" it should put the xobglu32.dll and xobglu16.dll files into the %USERPROFILE% dir, which it does as administrator but not as a restricted student.....i'm starting to think this software simply will not work with the restrictions i've placed on students UNLESS i put the files into the mandatory profile which i most certainly do not want to do.

EDIT: i think i know what i might do, i'm going to host the file as a remote app and setup a specific user account to run the app. Hopefully that should do the trick.

EDIT: yay that worked, i've setup a domain guest account that has restricted logon times and can only logon to the terminal server remote app during those times, that account then runs the program fine
    Last edited by mrbios; 16th March 2011 at 10:43 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread