+ Post New Thread
Scripts Thread, script to enable disable users in ou based on time in Coding and Web Development; Having had a few issues were we have forgot to enable users accounts for controlled assessments, i am looking for ...
    Thank Post

script to enable disable users in ou based on time

Having had a few issues were we have forgot to enable users accounts for controlled assessments, i am looking for a script solution.

I have created a few vb scripts that enable and ones that disable users in a certain OUs.
    At the moment i am having to use the windows scheduler to set when the different scripts run. Just done this for tomorrow and it required setting up 6 ST's to enable & then disable the 3 groups. Not good when rsi interferes.

I could do with a script that will run continously in the background on our 2003 ad server and monitor the system clock and run one of the vbscript files that enable/disable the accounts at the required times.

Thank Post
    you can set logon times for accounts under the users properties in ad users and computers

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Net user does what you are after

link How to Use the Net User Command

And the /domain is the actual word domain not your domain name - as i spent hours working that out!!!

Edit: sorry just read that you have already done this! my bad for not reading the post fully!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,110 Times in 1,016 Posts
    can you post more details regarding the timing as you say you want said script to enable or disable at set times, ie is it every 30 mins or at a set time every day or what exactly ie

want script to run at 10:30am to disable all accounts and then at 11:30am the other script has to run to re enable all said accounts ???

Thank Post
    ok the timings, on wednesday we have history group a users (who are in an ou called histoptionA) that will do there CA from 8.55 to 10.10am. Is it possible for a script to have a date and times listed, the script then polls this info, compares it against the actual system time and if they match, it will call on a vbscript to enable the accounts at 8.55. Then further in the script will be an entry for 10.11.2010 10.10 when system clock reaches this, the script will call a vb script that disables these accounts?

hth
    Last edited by projector1; 10th November 2010 at 09:25 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread