Take a look at this: SetACL - Windows permission management
I personally have no idea how to use it, never have, but i know that's how it was done last time ours was done
I need to set the permisons on the home folders of my users to just the user and the administrator having full control. The user name is the same as the folder name, is there an easy way to do this?
Just been through this again, solution i used was as follows:
1) command line on server
2) cd to the home directory folder, in my case cd u:\students\09
3) dir /b >>c:\students.txt
4) open c:\students.txt, select all then copy into an excel sheet in one column A.
5) in column B type: echo y|cacls
6) in column C type the home dir path eg u:\students\09or for you d:\HomeFolders\
7) in column D type: /c /g yourdomain\
8) in column E type: :f /g yourdomain\administrators:f
9)now for the magic in column F type:
=B1&" "&C1&A1&" "&D1&A1&" "&E1
10) you should now have a command line to change the permission as requested
if you use edit fill down on all columns to make each one as long as column A then at the end copy and paste column F into a text file save it as a batch file then run it.
hope this helps
Newton (2nd June 2010)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)