+ Post New Thread
Scripts Thread, Need Some Help Please - Can Someone Make Me A Logon Script in Coding and Web Development; Hi Im setting up new policys for the domain, has we need new ones for Windows 7, so im refresh ...
    Thank Post

Need Some Help Please - Can Someone Make Me A Logon Script

Hi

Im setting up new policys for the domain, has we need new ones for Windows 7, so im refresh the Windows XP to.

At this time I have decided to get mantory profiles setup for the staff and students instead of roaming profiles, has it takes too long to logon to

I could get the desktop icon and start menu shorcut throught the mantory profile of course

But in different rooms we have different software, for example we have prodesktop in the technology ICT room, and does not get installed elsewhere, has we try to install the software based on only where they will be used, to stop too much junk getting installed onto the computers.

So instead of having every single shortcut for all the software we have around the school, which means having shorcut that will not work because its not installed on the computer.

So if anyone is up to it, could someone make a script, that looks at the computer name and downloads the correct start menu

For example if it see the computer name has DT-PC** it the downloads the DT start menu

Shouldn't need any delete commands in it and the mantory profile will have no shorcut icons in the start menu

Thanks in advance!

Also do you know if it is nessory to map a folder in a script, which we currentlly have, this maps a app folder, where some shared databases are for networked programes
    Last edited by pritchardavid; 22nd November 2009 at 11:09 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread