+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Scripts Thread, Shutdown Script in Coding and Web Development; Hi, am still testing this, it seems to take a while going through the OU's, reading the text file it ...
    Thank Post
    Hi, am still testing this, it seems to take a while going through the OU's, reading the text file it gets through the first two OUs fine but then seems to stop.

Any ideas? Got around 300 PCs to get through, so I guess it just takes a while?

Edit : this was running as scheduled task, just ended the task and ran seprately and it seems to be going through the OUs ok.
    Last edited by mullet_man; 1st April 2009 at 05:35 PM.

Thank Post
    did you un remark any of the wscript.echo statements, as they do just sit there in a scheduled task, as unable to confirm the screen response?

Tim

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyx View Post
    did you un remark any of the wscript.echo statements, as they do just sit there in a scheduled task, as unable to confirm the screen response?

Tim
    not sure how much it will help but you can replace wscript.echo with msgbox ie

msgbox "my text goes here" & variable_name & "more text"

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyx View Post

Tim
    Hi Tim,

Not touched any of the script, my scheduled task runs at different times, last one runs at 9.00pm and the text file was last modified at 02.34 so it seems to be taking a fair few hours to get through the machines.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mullet_man View Post
    the text file was last modified at 02.34 so it seems to be taking a fair few hours to get through the machines.
    It looks like the script is waiting for shutdown.exe to terminate before going on to the next machine. If the target is already powered off, this means it will sit there for anything up to about two minutes before carrying on. That's probably why your task is taking so long to run, and it was one of the motivations for giving Shutdownertron a client agent, because then everything happens in parallel.

Thank Post
    When using version 2 of the script see Shutdown Script

It takes less than 20 minutes to shutdown 632 PCs and laptops that are already mostly turned off in our school.

It does not try and shutdown unless it pings.If there is a firewall rule allowing ping put not access to remotely shutdown a PC that may cause a delay?

But 20 mins is more than good enough for us, I could of threaded the script but lack the inclanation todo given that is just a demo script as much as anything else. ie it was a script to demo running actions against all domain PCs as much as anything.

I hope to be releasing a c# tool that does WAY more than this script including remote screenshots, remote closing apps, remote running apss etc, etc, without a client. As I hate client installs

Tim

Thank Post
    I'd be interested in that one.

Thank Post
    I have recently added some extra information on how to run this script and set up a system to allow users to abandon the shutdown. See ShutDown Script (SlimmerIT) for more. Also been playing with google sites to host this information, which seem pretty cool.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123