+ Post New Thread
Scripts Thread, Triggering a msgbox on Print event in Coding and Web Development; The teachers in my school are using an access database to record the printing jobs which they are doing and ...
    Thank Post

Triggering a msgbox on Print event

The teachers in my school are using an access database to record the printing jobs which they are doing and some info about it like teacher's name and how many pages etc., most of the time they forget to use the database which make the database statistics useless. I need to create a script to monitor the printer and remind them to enter the info about the current print job or at least give them the choice to do so.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,526 Posts

Thank Post
    Thats a very good asp script plexer thanks. I have checked papercut's product before but It needs users to be logged in with a unique user name to be distinguished. My problem is that I use a single user account for all the teachers' since I only have 5 computers for printing and 30-40 teachers are allowed to print. So it would be really great if papercut would allow me to trigger my database program with pre-populated data about doc name and how many pages and leave the teacher only to enter his name and click on save, but I guess it can't do that (at least as far as I know). I'll give papercut another shot, but I would be really glad if I could find a service or program or maybe a wmi script to monitor printing jobs and allow me to lunch my database when appropriate.
    Last edited by sacabonos; 31st January 2009 at 07:31 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread