+ Post New Thread
Scripts Thread, Computer Information Tool HTA script in Coding and Web Development; I've just finished writing this script to report WMI information in HTML format: Computer Information Tool (HTA) It can also ...
    Thank Post

Computer Information Tool HTA script

I've just finished writing this script to report WMI information in HTML format:

Computer Information Tool (HTA)

It can also be used as a process monitor for remote computers, a tool to connect to remote shares and printers and a tool to perform remote shutdowns/reboots.

I might add other items to the script in future. Hope you find the script useful!

Thanks,

David

2. Thanks to Wiseman82 from:

mac_shinobi (25th April 2012)

Thank Post
    A great tool, I used it on my home network and it looks good.

Would be great to have a version on a network share, and run from workstations on startup to generate html on a network share with the information it can retrieve. Would this be somthing you are interested in creating ?

Thanks for the effort so far, I like it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway View Post
    A great tool, I used it on my home network and it looks good.

Would be great to have a version on a network share, and run from workstations on startup to generate html on a network share with the information it can retrieve. Would this be somthing you are interested in creating ?

Thanks for the effort so far, I like it.

Are you talking about a cut down version that just displays information about the local computer? HTA scripts should work ok as a startup script from a network share to display information about the local computer.

I like to write new scripts occasionally for my website so it might be something I'll look at when I get chance. I'll need some more details. I've got a few other things that I'll be working on at the moment though...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to bounce of topic a little. But registered on your site, got the activation email and then went to login and then i couldn't..

Is it me messing something up.. or is this an issue i have found lol.

James.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-Tech View Post
    Sorry to bounce of topic a little. But registered on your site, got the activation email and then went to login and then i couldn't..

Is it me messing something up.. or is this an issue i have found lol.

James.
    The registration system appears to be working ok. Please let me know your username (send a PM via these forums if you like) and I'll check that your account is activated.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Excellent thankyou!

Thank Post
    Wow...nice tool thank you! You don't have anything that audits the last time a piece of software was run on a group of machines do you?

Thank Post
    Are you talking about a cut down version that just displays information about the local computer? HTA scripts should work ok as a startup script from a network share to display information about the local computer.
    Im interested to see if the script could be run as a startup script, that could be applied via GP from a network share, to create a file named the same as the computer name in a network share to detail the same information it gets in its current form.

In its present form its great, but the benefits of running like the above for an entire domain of 500 workstations would, I feel, take the usefullness to another level. Maybe a check to see if the output file allready exists, and updating only upon a change would also be advantagous.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway View Post
    Im interested to see if the script could be run as a startup script, that could be applied via GP from a network share, to create a file named the same as the computer name in a network share to detail the same information it gets in its current form.

In its present form its great, but the benefits of running like the above for an entire domain of 500 workstations would, I feel, take the usefullness to another level. Maybe a check to see if the output file allready exists, and updating only upon a change would also be advantagous.
    The script is designed to be run interactively. It is possible to do what you want but having a text/HTML report for each computer will limit the use of the information. It's better to store that information in a database (SQL Server/MySQL/Oracle - Not MS Access). You could then have another (web based?) tool to query the information in the database. e.g Show me all the computers with less than 1Gb RAM. I've done something like this before but only for in-house use.

I think this app does something similar but in a slightly different way:
    Neutex: Network Inventory Made Simple

It used to be free, but it looks like they have a limited free version and a pro version now. I'm sure there will be other s/w available that does a similar thing.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedetic View Post
    Wow...nice tool thank you! You don't have anything that audits the last time a piece of software was run on a group of machines do you?
    I don't think there is an easy way to get that information off hand. You could have an app monitoring running processes and store a date value the last time they were used. I'm not sure if there are any alternatives methods.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Best tool I've seen for collecting info about all the PCs on a network is Lansweeper. There's a free version which does pretty much everything you could want. It comes with a wide range of reports and it's easy to produce others.

13. Thanks to srochford from:

mac_shinobi (25th April 2012)

Thank Post
    I know this is an old thread... but ITS one of the best that I have come across. I have a similar code but in pure vbs compiled from all over the net and hacked to meet my needs. The only different is that it only scans the PC it is running on. This vbs creates the output in HTML (creates a folder and the html file in local drive then launches IE for the output). This HTML file has a submit button which will upload the data to my phpmyadmin via WAMP.

My query is, is it possible to convert the pure vbs into HTA as how you have done? I can provide you my hacked script.
    I'm not that good in vbs and hta, me only good in PHP. My php intranet for inventory system is simply superb. Just need a better version of the vbs/hta file.

xcom.vbs

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread