Code:
$splitvar = "(0)", "(1)", "(2)", "(3)" 									# Junk entries for splitvar. Required for the while-loop (cannot reference null variable)
Write-Host 'ComputerName E:(Y/N) [R:(Y/N) P:(K/S)], or /? for help' 	# Instruction and command format
while (($splitvar[1] -inotmatch "^e:(y|n)$") -or ($splitvar[2] -inotmatch "^r:(y|n)$") -or ($splitvar[3] -inotmatch "^p:(s|k)$")) {		# Whilst splitvar1 is not E:(Y/N), splitvar2 is not R:(Y/N) or splitvar3 is not P:(S/K)
	$splitvar = "(0)", "(1)", "(2)", "(3)" 		# Junk entries for splitvar to ensure no previous command entries are remembered
	$command = Read-Host "	" 					# Requests command, assigns to $command var
	if ($command -match "\/\?") { 																# if /? is entered
		clear																					# clear window
		Write-Host "Commands are as follows. All are case-insensitive"							# Information
		Write-Host "ComputerName	The name of the target machine, e.g. SCILT3-017"			# about each 
		Write-Host "E:(Y/N)		Email the results to an internal email address. e.g. E:Y"		# acceptable 
		Write-Host "F:(Y/N)		Has the damage been repaired? Affects e-mail body. e.g. F:N"	# command and
		Write-Host "P:(K/S)		Specify the damaged part, Screen or Keyboard, e.g. P:K"			# its indended
		Write-Host "		(F and P are not required if E:N)"									# usage
		Write-Host @() 																			# Blank line
		Write-Host 'ComputerName E:(Y/N) R:(Y/N) P:(K/S)' 										# Repeated command
	} else { 														# if /? is not entered
		$splitvar = [regex]::split($command, " ") 					# split the command at spaces
		if ($splitvar[1] -imatch "^e:n$") { 						# if splitvar1 (E:?) matches [beginning]e:n[end] (case insensitve match) - i.e do not email results
			$splitvar = $splitvar[0], $splitvar[1], "r:y", "p:k" 	# set splitvar as ComputerName, E:N, R:Y, P:K (R and P entries not important and are never referenced, but required to break out of while loop)
		} elseif (($splitvar[1] -inotmatch "^e:(y|n)$") -or ($splitvar[2] -inotmatch "^r:(y|n)$") -or ($splitvar[3] -inotmatch "^p:(s|k)$")) { 	# if splitvar1 is not E:(Y/N), splitvar2 is not R:(Y/N) or splitvar3 is not P:(S/K)
			Write-Host "Please ensure correct command formatting." 																				# throw error message
		}
	}
}
$fqdn = ($splitvar[0] + ".domain.local") 				# Append domain to splitvar0 to create FQDN
Write-Host ("Testing connectivity to " + $fqdn) 	# Status message
$ErrorActionPreference = "Stop" 					# Stop if an error is encountered - Required for try/catch.
try {
	Test-Connection -ComputerName $fqdn -Count 2 | Out-Null		# Ping $fqdn, output to null as ip/response time isn't of importance - only that it does respond.
} catch {														# If ping fails
	Write-Host "Error: Could not connect to $fqdn"				# Throw error message
	Write-Host "Check name, power and connectivity status." 	# Advise
	Start-Sleep -Seconds 5 										# Wait 5 seconds
	exit 														# Exit script
}
while ($me -eq $null) { 					# If $me has no value..
	try { 
		if ($splitvar[3] -imatch "^p:k$") {						# If splitvar3 is P:K (case insensitive)
			[int]$me = Read-Host "MaxEvents? (Default: 4)" 		# Prompt user for the MaxEvents value (as multiple users may be required to see who caused the damage)
			if ($me -eq "") { 									# If no value is given,
				$me = [int]4 									#default to 4
			}
		} elseif ($splitvar[3] -imatch "^p:s$") {	# If splitvar2 is P:S (case insensitive)
			$me = [int]1							# set MaxEvents as 1 (nobody would logon to a broken screen laptop, so only the last user is required)
		}
	} catch {															# If $me cannot be convered to an 32bit integer
		Write-Host "Error: MaxEvents may only be a numerical value." 	# display error message.
	}
} 
$ErrorActionPreference = "Inquire" 		# Prompt user if any further error is encountered.
$logFile = "M:\" + $cn + "Log.txt" 		# Set log file name using $cn
[int]$count = 0 #						 Set counter to 0
foreach ($event in Get-WinEvent -ComputerName "$fqdn" -FilterHashtable @{ProviderName="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing"; ID="4624"; Data="C:\Windows\System32\winlogon.exe"} -MaxEvents $me) { # Query eventlog of $fqdn, return $me instances of Microsoft Windows Security Auditing logs with ID of 4624 (Logon) containing the phrase C:\...\winlogon.exe
	$newtime = [regex]::split($event.timecreated, "/") 					# Split date at /'s
	$newtime = ($newtime[1] + "/" + $newtime[0] + "/" + $newtime[2]) 	# Rearrange date from MM/DD/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY
	$count ++ 															# +1 to count
	if ($splitvar[1] -imatch "^e:y$") { 				# if splitvar1 is e:y (so an email is being sent)
		if ($splitvar[3] -imatch "^p:k$") {				# if splitvar3 is p:k (the damaged part is a keyboard)
			$part = "keyboard"							# set $part as 'keyboard' (for use in email body)
		} elseif ($splitvar[3] -imatch "^p:s$") {		# if splitvar3 is not p:k but is p:s (the damaged part is a screen)
			$part = "screen"							# set $part as 'screen'
		}
		$fulllogs += $newtime + ([regex]::split($event.message, "`r`n") | Where {$_ -match '	Account Name:		'+ "[^-\$]*$"}) + "`r`n" # add DD/MM/YY HH:MM:SS Account Name: USERNAME (as defined by the event log) to fulllogs array
		$body = "This is an automated e-mail. Replies will be sent to me@domain.location.sch.uk`r`n`r`nIt has been brought to our attention that " + $splitvar[0] + " has had its " + $part + " damaged. In accordance with regular procedures, the previous $me logon(s) to that machine are as follows:`r`n`r`n$fulllogs`r`n" # construct first half of email body with logon information and computername
		if ($splitvar[2] -imatch "^r:y$") { 																			# if splitvar2 is r:y (case insensitive)
			$body += "The $part has been fully restored and the laptop will be returned to its appropriate set." 		# Append 'fixed and returned' to email body
		} elseif ($splitvar[2] -imatch "^r:n$") { 																								# if splitvar2 is r:n (case insensitive)
			$body += "Unfortunately we lack the required parts to repair the damage and will keep the laptop as spares for your department" 	# append 'cannot be fixed' to email body
			if ($part -imatch "keyboard") {																					# If the damaged part is a keyboard
				$body += ", unless you wish to purchase a replacement keyboard. Please let me know if this is the case." 	# append query about purchasing replacement
			} elseif ($part -imatch "screen") {		# if damaged part is a screen
				$body += '.'						# end message
			}
		}
	} elseif ($splitvar[1] -imatch "^e:n$") { # if splitvar1 is not e:y and is e:n (case insensitive)
			$fulllogs += ([string]"Log $count`r`n----------" + $newtime + "----------`r`n" + $event.message + "`r`n" -replace [string]"(?s)Detailed.*key was requested.", "---------- Event message end ----------`r`n`r`n") # Take the newtime and message values, strip out junk data and add to $fulllogs
	}
}
if ($splitvar[1] -imatch "^e:y$") { # if splitvar1 is e:y (case insensitive)
	$recip = Read-Host "Email Recipient (Username)" # ask for the username of the email recipient
	$to = ('"' + $recip + ' <' + $recip + '@domain.location.sch.uk>"') # Append details to create full email address
	Send-MailMessage -smtpserver 'email-server' -To $to -Cc "Me <me@domain.location.sch.uk>" -From "Me <me@domain.location.sch.uk>" -Subject $splitvar[0] -Body $body # send email to user and me, from me
	Start-Sleep -Seconds 3 # 3-second wait (send-mailmessage fails if it is the final command)
} elseif ($splitvar[1] -imatch "^e:n$") { # if splitvar1 is not e:y but is e:n
	"Previous $count/$me logon events for $fqdn `r`n`r`n$fulllogs" > $logFile # Write $fulllogs to $logfile
	Start-Process $logFile -wait # Open $logfile. Wait for file to close before proceeding.
	Remove-Item $logFile # Delete $logfile.
}
I'd colour it all for easier reading.. but that's way too much and I have work to do.

Long-Story short, give it a PC name and some info about what you want to do (email and details of vandalism), ping machine, if it responds, get maxevents value (manual input or, if screen, automatic), get-winevent, e-mail (and cc to me) or display as text document... But I can't help but look at it and think it's rather kludgy.. It could likely be much more streamlined, but after combing through it and reducing where I can, I'm not sure what other modifications would help.

Would anybody be able to nudge me in the direction of another avenue to explore?