+ Post New Thread
Scripts Thread, Script or software to browse C$ network shares in Coding and Web Development; We browse into \COMPUTERNAME\C$ a lot. Is there any script that can pull a list of machines from AD so ...

Thank Post

Script or software to browse C$ network shares

We browse into \\COMPUTERNAME\C$ a lot. Is there any script that can pull a list of machines from AD so I can just double-click on them to browse?

Or even simpler, an executable, when double-clicked, I type the PC name only into the empty box, and it launches \\COMPUTERNAME\C$ into an Explorer window as normal?

Thank Post
    I just use a folder with a bunch of .LNK shortcuts, easier than having to type anything.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 965 Posts
    Did you want these from a certain OU or just any computer objects in AD or what exactly ?

Don't see why you couldn't make a HTA that could enumerate computer objects from a certain OU ( possibly all computer objects ) and make each computer name a clickable Link to the C$ share of each computer ?

Thank Post
    What are you wanting to do on the c drive of the machines?

Can you not get a script to do what you want either in a group policy or a script in a group policy?

Richard

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,664 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Remote Network Monitoring Software & Tools | Specops Gpupdate Professional

It costs $99 but is scriptable and can be very useful. There is a free version but it just does WOL and GPUpdate.

Thank Post
    A number of remote admin tools allow you to add custom tools, just add the C$ share as one of your tools.
    I use PDQ inventory currently, but have also used skeep vnc. I was able to customize both to allow quick access to the C$ share.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dana_lehman View Post
    A number of remote admin tools allow you to add custom tools, just add the C$ share as one of your tools.
    I use PDQ inventory currently, but have also used skeep vnc. I was able to customize both to allow quick access to the C$ share.
    Angry ip scanner --> Angry IP Scanner : Download - IP and Port Scanner Tool for Analyzing Networks

Right click host --> edit openers --> high light Windows Shares on left listbox --> edit the execution string so that it ends up being :

\\${fetcher.ip}\c$

Click Close and when you use angry ip scanner from then onwards it should allow you to right click --> open --> windows shares which should open the C$ on said machine

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dana_lehman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Angry ip scanner --> Angry IP Scanner : Download - IP and Port Scanner Tool for Analyzing Networks

Right click host --> edit openers --> high light Windows Shares on left listbox --> edit the execution string so that it ends up being :

\\${fetcher.ip}\c$

Click Close and when you use angry ip scanner from then onwards it should allow you to right click --> open --> windows shares which should open the C$ on said machine
    WOW these are great! I've just tried Skeep VNC, I've been wanting a multi-viewer like this for some time, especially with AD support. I'll have to check out the other tools too!

Thanks all!

9. Thanks to nLinked from:

mac_shinobi (3rd September 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread