Departmental H&S Policy for IT.
Is anyone willing to share their Departmental H&S Policy with me (presuming you have one) so that I can compare it to the one I've just finished drafting?
Basically I was informed today that I will have the pleasure of a full H&S audit in a few days time to ensure that the department has complied with the findings of the last audit........this happened before I started here and was never informed of the requirements, until today that was!!!
So I have to:
1. Create a departmental policy
2. Carry out a training needs analysis for the department
3. Develop a record of regular / weekly safety checks of all IT related equipment, including all leads! (No one can explain where the time to do this will come from, especially as it is classed as administrative so the teaching staff wont do it.)
4. Evidence the H&S elements of departmental agendas and minute the actions required.
5. Plus lots of other lesser stuff.
Obviously I will be getting protected time to carry these tasks out so that I don't have to work into the night in my own time........oh that's right, as non teaching staff I don't need protected time, 'cause if I say I'm busy everyone just leaves me alone!!! Sorry didn't mean to have a gripe.
If anyone can help I will be extremely grateful......:D