School ICT Policies Thread, Punishments for AUP violations? in School Administration; I'm trying to nail down some more policy documentation, so here we go again.
What sanctions do you use in ...
30th March 2009, 01:36 PM #1
Punishments for AUP violations?
I'm trying to nail down some more policy documentation, so here we go again.
What sanctions do you use in your school for AUP breeches by Pupils? Do you use your normal behavior management system or is there a different or supplementary system used instead/as well? Which ever method you use, why did you choose to go down this route?
IDG Tech News
30th March 2009, 01:48 PM #2
We use the normal behaviour management system as it is pretty well tried and tested in school.
We used to do our own thing and ban people etc but came to the conclusion is was pretty pointless:
1) Because teacher A banned and teacher B next lesson would need student on the internet/network
2) To a large extent it didn't make sense, after all we wouldn't stop a student using books if they mis-used one so why do we do it for IT.
3) More often than not the issues revolve around classroom management so we don't need or want to be involved.
4) Students know and understand the existing behaviour system so it fits well - they know what to expect etc.
5) It was a royal PITA for me to issue and manage detentions and if I'm honest probably had little effect on future behaviour (not that I think the current system has on some students!)
By mrforgetful in forum School ICT Policies
Last Post: 15th April 2009, 08:07 PM
By Edu-IT in forum School ICT Policies
Last Post: 20th March 2009, 10:16 PM
By nephilim in forum General Chat
Last Post: 26th February 2009, 09:42 PM
By tscnmuk in forum School ICT Policies
Last Post: 19th November 2007, 01:56 PM
By Ric_ in forum School ICT Policies
Last Post: 28th June 2005, 12:18 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)