+ Post New Thread
School ICT Policies Thread, confidentiality agreement with contrator in School Administration; Hi all I have just take over as network manager for a small independant juinor school. ( I am more ...
    Thank Post

confidentiality agreement with contrator

Hi all

I have just take over as network manager for a small independant juinor school. ( I am more of a technichian than a manger as I have the task force of one me )

I am tring to tire up things before the start of term, and one of the things is we have a one man band contrator who looks after our school database ( ms access ) I don't think he has ever signed a non-disclosure agreement or a confidentiality agreement, I have been looking around the net for a temlate that I can hack but have not found one suitable. does anyone one here have such a thing for their school, or could someone guide me to the key points an agreement needs to have.

I dealt with cda all the time in my last job but they don't really seem appropiate to this area.

cheers in adavance

Simon

Thank Post
    It might be worth havng a look in the wiki

School Policies

Thank Post
    I would go with a generic Data Protection Policy that they have to adhere to so that you're not duplicating your effort. I'm going to be doing one for our school over the next month or so (bit startled to find we didn't have one at all!), but from what I've seen there are dozens of them to plagiarise on the intarweb.

Thank Post
    cheers for the responses

I have had a look through the ICT policies as we need a DPA policy aswell. the school has an AUP in place and a sort of ICT Policy but nothing else. it is just that this contrator works for two other schools so I was wondering whether to tie him down on a Confidentiality agreement regarding pupil and staff data seperate to the overall DPA policy.

I don't even think the guy has a contract, the school is very relaxed about such things, it is very much people just turn up and do things. but we have a new headmaster now and I think things are going to change. so I would like to do some butt covering before things get out of hand.

you would be shocked at what I have found on the system, things like the ICT lab all the pc hard drives are shared as C oh and so is the exchange server and the proxy server, we run a summer school and the generic account for this had domain admins rights asigned

if I had done that in any of my last jobs it would have been

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread