+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
School ICT Policies Thread, Copyright of files store on the network in School Administration; Not as yet, I think they realise that this is a bigger problem that they originally thought. They are getting ...

Thank Post

Re: Copyright of files store on the network

Not as yet, I think they realise that this is a bigger problem that they originally thought. They are getting numerous people involved now to ensure that what document they put together is legal and the advice they provide is sound. This will be distributed to all the schools in the LEA so I guess it is fair enough that they get it right....I just wish it was a little bit quicker than it is taking.

Thank Post
    I have posted this answer on a new thread and thought I would update this one too... Here is an extract from a letter I recieved back

"On this basis if the teachers/pupils are using musical video clips purely for the research of educational purposes then one would say that this is covered by the fair dealing system.
    On this basis one does not feel that licences would be required as this isn't going to be a performance just as a play which is going to be adapted and will need have the copyrights to do this providing everything stays within the educational field. "

In my view, this basically gives users here the right to store and play music/video files for subjects which use them in an educational manner. If you are unsure and would like confirmation, contact your LEA as they may hold licences which cover all schools in your area.

From this answer though, I now get the headache of sorting out which files are used for educational uses and which are personal. I am thinking of toying with the idea of having a shared resource area which stores music/video for the duration of a subjects use and deleted at the end. Any music files stored in individual user areas will be deemed non educational and deleted. Obviously this poses problems with the music department!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12