+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Eclipse Computers - Recommendations? in Purchasing and Trading; Hi, I've just got a quote from Eclipse Computers and the price was so good that I was about to ...

Thank Post

Eclipse Computers - Recommendations?

Hi,

I've just got a quote from Eclipse Computers and the price was so good that I was about to order without even checking this is a reputable company. The business manager brought me back down to earth and told me to double check if there were any horror stories from other schools? Or indeed, can anyone recommend this company? Id like them to be good because their prices seem very competitive.

We had a similar situation where we ordered 3 suites of PCs from NS Optimum only to find out they were going wrong every 5 minutes and we would never go back there.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,272 Times in 1,048 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Moving to Recommended Suppliers forum.

Thank Post
    I dont know about eclipse but if you need something to compare it to Stone Computers are pretty good competitive and most of there items come with 5 years Warranty. I bought a machine from them and its awesome and if you read the forums you will hear there name come up quite a few times with good reviews.

IT manufacturer and solutions provider to the Public Sector | Stone Group

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,520 Posts
    Do you have a website just so people know they are talking about the correct eclipse computers please?

Ben

Thank Post
    Presuming you mean Eclipse Computers in Coventry I've heard many horror stories in the past but they're all from pre-2005 when I used to live up that way and were mostly customer services issues, They may have changed since then though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamman960 View Post
    Presuming you mean Eclipse Computers in Coventry I've heard many horror stories in the past but they're all from pre-2005 when I used to live up that way and were mostly customer services issues, They may have changed since then though.
    It is the Coventry one.

Apparently I can't post a link rather crazily because I only have one post but it's eclipsecomputers dot com.

Thank Post
    That's what I was wondering allthough I haven't used them since I was at uni in Cov so that's 13 years ago now

Bought my first cd writer from them a scsi one that cost £200 nd did single speed

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonhayes View Post
    It is the Coventry one.

Apparently I can't post a link rather crazily because I only have one post but it's eclipsecomputers dot com.
    Nothing crazy about that it's to stop people signing up with the sole intention of spamming links from day one.

Not used them for years as stated above, I once build a computer from parts from them and the memory was faulty so I took the whole unit in to them but as I'd bought it as components I had to take the mem out on the shop floor and just let them test that.

Ben

Thank Post
    I bought a couple of mice and keyboards from them a while back, turned out they didn't have enough stock but didn't tell me until I rang them up to ask where my order was. They're fine to order from as long as you don't have to deal with their CS IMO

Thank Post
    I've not used them for a few years and if anyone asks I always tell people I wouldn't buy from them again. I've had issues returning faulty RAM and a couple of DOA hard drives in the past, many friends and colleagues from the Coventry area have had similar problems. They may have improved but I still wouldn't buy from them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by north-ict View Post
    I dont know about eclipse but if you need something to compare it to Stone Computers are pretty good competitive and most of there items come with 5 years Warranty. I bought a machine from them and its awesome and if you read the forums you will hear there name come up quite a few times with good reviews.

IT manufacturer and solutions provider to the Public Sector | Stone Group
    To put this in perspective the quote I got from these guys is £3328 cheaper than Stone for 20 PCs of the same spec. I'm trying to weigh up if the saving is worth the aggro I may get...

Thank Post
    If they're building them themselves I'd request a demo unit, a saving of £166.40 per pc is huge! and they certainly don't have the buying power of Stone.

How do the warrantee's compare?

Thank Post
    Did you tell them about the eclipse quote and how if you purchase through say stone that it might lead onto other quotes in the future etc etc? Might bring it down a bit, worth a shot if not. Also are you taking into account the warrant lengths and stuff too.

But like you said it could be the aggro that comes along with the saving. I remember back when i was in sixth form and Eclipse computers use to have a double page spread in micro mart when i use to pick it up, but never did use them.

Thank Post
    Stone do have a 3 year warranty, but I'm never overly fussed about warranty above the standard year you get anyway. I'd rather take the gamble and if it goes wrong I'll hopefully be able to fix it myself.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 744 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Their computers consistently get good reviews in the likes of Computer Shopper. I've never purchased anything from them but know people who have. The kit looks okay. I did have a colleague who had a minor problem with a bespoke PC that they purchased from them. The graphics card had such a massive and heavy heatsink that gravity eventually pulled it out of the slot as no retainer had been fitted.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast