+ Post New Thread
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Anybody use Comparex UK LTD for Microsoft Agreements in Purchasing and Trading; Hello, I've recently had a quote for our Microsoft EES Agreement and the pricing they provided was very competitive, much ...

Thank Post

Anybody use Comparex UK LTD for Microsoft Agreements

Hello,

I've recently had a quote for our Microsoft EES Agreement and the pricing they provided was very competitive, much less than competitors such as Pugh etc and I just wanted to know if anybody had previously brought licensing from them. I believe they were previously named PC-Ware?

Thanks,

Rob
    Last edited by robknowles; 14th March 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Thank Post
    Never heard of them and if its massively cheaper then they are quoting the wrong products, check they are an Authorised Educational Reseller. The best way to get the cheapest pricing is through buyingsolutions.gov.uk and doing an ITQ. Even on there you have some muppets who quote the wrong product, so be careful! I've just done our renewal, so if you want to compare prices then pm me.

Thank Post
    We've had a quote from Comparex for renewing our EES license. It was an unsolicited quote which I was suspicious about to begin with but was also 700 cheaper than other quotes. We originally used Insight and have been told by them that an ex-employee has moved to Comparex taking a client database with them. We have also been told that the quote uses a three year pricing structure which would render the licenses void. I have no way of confirming this and Microsoft themselves have been next to useless in supplying any advice. I'd be sceptical seeing as the pricing is soooo much lower.

Dave

Thank Post
    Oh dear...

I moved from Insight to Comparex for MS EES licening in March because they were so cheap. The EES license I bought from them were processed quickly and arrived in my VLSC portal no problem.

I ordered Student Option licenses from them a month ago and they still haven't appeared. But then again, it took Insight 2 months to process a similar order for Student Option when I was with them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djones View Post
    We originally used Insight and have been told by them that an ex-employee has moved to Comparex taking a client database with them.
    That would explain why Comparex cold-called me just as my Insight contract was about to end. I can't say I'm that impressed with either of them.

Thank Post
    An ex-Insight employee has moved to Comparex and taken with him a lot of customer data with which they have been using to entice customers to move to Comparex. They are using three-year "UTD" pricing (google it!) which allows a large discount for NEW AGREEMENTS ONLY - signing up to the OVS-ES. If you are already on OVS-ES (or EES) then you do not qualify. It is for if you were moving from Select+ for example.

Comparex are putting renewals through as new agreements, which is invalid and Microsoft are aware of this. Also, the discount is quite substantial and they are only passing a fraction of this onto the customer - so, all round, very underhand sales tactics. Speak with your usual reseller account manager if you are approached by Comparex.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread