+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Has anybody had any dealing with a company called Tandem? in Purchasing and Trading; Had them on the phone yesterday about print\copier and consumables supply contract and they have heavily subsidised Samsung machines Tandem ...

Thank Post

Has anybody had any dealing with a company called Tandem?

Had them on the phone yesterday about print\copier and consumables supply contract and they have heavily subsidised Samsung machines

Tandem Solutions

Thank Post
    Bump...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No-one jumping on the back of this one?

Thank Post
    Doesn't look that way I'm going to stay clear

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My boss used to deal with them, and he said they were not the nicest people to deal with.

Thank Post
    I kinda got that impressions when I asked him for more info and I got a generic sales email and shortly after that a email arranging to come into school for a 20 min meeting.
    I don't think so!

Thank Post
    I have a meeting with them tomorrow regarding some Samsung Educational fund.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pull out and cancel, they are very pushy and will try to get you to sign stuff. Not worth it!

Thank Post
    BD has arranged it and has already had a meeting with them apparently. Should be interesting.

Thank Post
    Is there any update on this? I'd be interested in hearing about their Samsung Educational Fund as I cannot find anything about this on the interenet?

Thank Post
    Had the meeting as mentioned above and wasn't impressed. Geezer turned up with a schools directory in his hand, and the crux of it seemed to be Samsung trying to push their printers and printing solutions into schools with certain amounts of money allocated to each area. The 'gifts' of laptops, tablets, etc, would come later...

It wasn't a very long meeting.

Thank Post
    For those that are talking about my company here without any prior experience, I am proud of our reputation for delivering quality solutions that enable schools and businesses to save money.

We have lists of very happy, referring schools in Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Cambridgeshire. I am willing to share these with any interested party.

We are taking on the traditional copier sales companies that have tied schools into unfavourable deals for too long and supplying high quality equipment at great savings.

May I suggest that anyone whom wishes to discuss or indeed if you have any genuine issues with my company or staff calls me directly for more information.

Thank Post
    Just had a guy literally walk in off the street from Tandem Solutions. He turned up on spec to talk to us about Samsung's educational fund and the promise of "free" kit for areas of the school.

I don't usually entertain sales patter unless I've got a requirement - and certainly not from someone straight off the street without an appointment - but our office manager heard the words "free IT" and I got dragged into it.

While this might be on the level, I've heard too many stories about unscrupulous companies promising primary schools for "free" kit that has subsequently turned out to be nothing of the sort - more a punitive finance deal they can't then cancel - to jump in with both feet and am very wary.

Thought I would post a quick "anyone heard about...?" on here only to find you lot have beaten me to it!

So, the single post from someone at Tandem aside, has anyone actually dealt with them? The claim I got was that they deal with lots of schools in Northamptonshire, Leicestershire and Lincolnshire. Some of whom surely must be on here.

Would those schools who deal / have dealt with them say if its worth my time investigating their Samsung offer any further, or how they find Tandem's pricing / service?

Thanks in advance!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrust View Post
    Just had a guy literally walk in off the street from Tandem Solutions. He turned up on spec to talk to us about Samsung's educational fund and the promise of "free" kit for areas of the school.

I don't usually entertain sales patter unless I've got a requirement - and certainly not from someone straight off the street without an appointment - but our office manager heard the words "free IT" and I got dragged into it.

While this might be on the level, I've heard too many stories about unscrupulous companies promising primary schools for "free" kit that has subsequently turned out to be nothing of the sort - more a punitive finance deal they can't then cancel - to jump in with both feet and am very wary.

Thought I would post a quick "anyone heard about...?" on here only to find you lot have beaten me to it!

So, the single post from someone at Tandem aside, has anyone actually dealt with them? The claim I got was that they deal with lots of schools in Northamptonshire, Leicestershire and Lincolnshire. Some of whom surely must be on here.

Would those schools who deal / have dealt with them say if its worth my time investigating their Samsung offer any further, or how they find Tandem's pricing / service?

Thanks in advance!
    We have had Samsung machines through Tandem in School now for 2 months. I was initially very wary about entering any sort of contract with a company with no apparent track record in Schools but was able to add 'riders' to the contract to ensure that school was protected in the event that things were not as they seemed. Contract price was significantly cheaper than anyone which always sounds alarm bells but so far the machines have been good and the service has been fine. We have had one or two teething problems but these have been quickly rectified and they are quick to get staff out on site or help via telephone. Incentives have been promised and will let you know as soon as they appear but Tandem have already helped us out in another unrelated area and seem keen to build the relationship.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TandemSolutionsGroupLtd View Post
    For those that are talking about my company here without any prior experience
    Reading through the posts prior to yours people who commented seem to have had experience first hand or know someone who has had experience of your company.

@nephilim said his boss used to deal with your company and wasn't complementary of them
    @JonWPS had a meeting and wasnt impressed
    @rush_tech didn't like your sales information and techniques.

They are the people who commented directly about Tandem Solutions, they have all had first hand experience or heard from reliable sources about you.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast