+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Has anybody had any dealing with a company called Tandem? in Purchasing and Trading; ...

Thank Post
    Dear RTFM,

I would love to know who is really behind some of these comments from people trying to damage my companies reputation. For instance I have no control if JonWPS didnít like our approach or indeed rush_tech didnít like our sales informationÖ If either of these people wanted to contact me directly I would be more than happy to discuss their misgivings, not from a sales perspective but purely from a personal point as to how we can offer a better service to others and what they didnít like. I cannot post my contact details here as it will breach the site rules, but a quick Google search will find me easily, Iím not hiding behind any screen names!

However, with regards to nephilimís comments. I found this hard to believe as we only started dealing in this market September last year and have not lost one customer yet so I think this can only be mistaken identity or a rogue post, again Iím quite happy to discuss.

Since September 2011, we have now got over 40 happy clients in the counties surrounding Lincolnshire and have become a major thorn in the side of some of the more traditional Copier Companies that have been holding schools to ransom for to long.

Thank Post
    Tandem Solutions Group Ltd
    I have enjoyed reading the comments on this particular thread and I have a few to add myself.
    If you or your school are approached by a company called Tandem then don't dismiss them based upon the feedback of this thread alone. Arrange to meet them and see what they can offer. If you do you may be pleasantly surprised. They called me and I entertained them to see what was on offer. My HP2600 printers were 5 years old and very expensive to run. They supplied me with 35 Samsung printers that are quicker, quieter and cheeper to run than the old ones. On top of this all toner, support and service is included for a very affordable amount that is lower than I was paying for unbranded refills for the old fleet. My monthly bill for consumables has gone. It's been replaced by a regular delivery of toners for the new printers on an as required basis. I don't even need to order them as the printers phone home to demand them themselves. Next year I will be looking to incorporate my All-In-One Multi-Function printers [MFPs] into the arrangement. Tandem have offered us excellent support and i am sure that their Managed Print Services [MPS] department could do the same for others too.
    My advice is this. Invite them in - you've nothing to loose and possibly something to gain. There is more than one company called Tandem but there should only be one Tandem Solutions Group Ltd - look for the lower case 't' in the name and on the business cards.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,445 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TandemSolutionsGroupLtd View Post
    *SNIP*
    However, with regards to nephilimís comments. I found this hard to believe as we only started dealing in this market September last year and have not lost one customer yet so I think this can only be mistaken identity or a rogue post, again Iím quite happy to discuss.*SNIP*
    At the time I was working in the school - This would be in October - we had a phone call from one of your sales people, and arranged a meeting with the IT Co-Ordinator of which I was pulled into the meeting. Whilst the kit on offer was good (no denying this), the pricing was high and the agent that came out was excessively pushy. He tried to get us to sign up to an order of printers which we didn't need, MFDs which were over priced and copiers which admittedly we could have used but the price was not as good as others (EG Ricoh, Riso)

My experience comes from fact. Shortly after the meeting, my boss was being phoned on an almost daily basis and the reception staff ended up blocking the calls.

Whilst I have no doubt that you can do good deals on larger amounts of items, but on what we needed, was not worth it and seemed very pushy.

Thank Post
    I can't believe my ears! Had a message from reception saying that one of Tandem sales reps arrived in person, he actually turned up unannounced, no prior arrangement wanting to speak to the network manager

Thank Post
    Anything in the fact that the posts heavily in support of this company appear to be new users?

Questionable sales technique, suspect references and very poor customer relations (if the posts by their staff in this thread are concerned).
    If Tandem (or any other company) wish to attract new custom, the approach taken in this thread clearly isn't the way to do it!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,814 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2k01 View Post
    Anything in the fact that the posts heavily in support of this company appear to be new users?

Questionable sales technique, suspect references and very poor customer relations (if the posts by their staff in this thread are concerned).
    If Tandem (or any other company) wish to attract new custom, the approach taken in this thread clearly isn't the way to do it!
    Without defending any company (fence sitting again) it is worth pointing out that EG does have a lot of lurkers and readers who don't log on or post. I know of a fair few Northants school who have people who have never registered but enjoy and get benefit from reading posts. I am not saying that this is the case ... but in the interest of fairness it does need to be remembered. $deity knows ... Northants schools have had EG thrust in their face on a regular basis

Thank Post
    And from a few miles south of Bourne

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    No-one jumping on the back of this one?
    This was possibly one of my funniest posts ever and not one person even commented/noticed - absolute killer. Every time it resurfaces it makes me chuckle - ha ha just me then obviously!

Chris

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    This was possibly one of my funniest posts ever and not one person even commented/noticed - absolute killer. Every time it resurfaces it makes me chuckle - ha ha just me then obviously!

Chris
    No thanks button, so have some rep instead - didnt notice the joke till you metioned it, it did make me chuckle too

Thank Post

Crap technique. It looks like blatent speil that's pre-written, and whilst I'll admit I'm new here, I've only been here a day or two and have racked up 8? posts, doesn't take long to post more than once :|

Thank Post
    I have a meeting with them a week on monday....

Thank Post
    Someone from Tandem keeps turning up at our place without any prior appointment. Our college is a new building, all equipment is just over a year old...... stop wasting your time and open one's eyes.

take a leaf out of c-p-ltd get a good rep on here, don't bother cold calling people we hate it phone or in person. instead sponsor great sites like this and get to know people on the forums, when people need something give them a shout. perhaps do some showcase events (during holidays) when techis like us can get away from their schools and do some networking/learn about something different.

my 2p's worth

Gaz350
    (version b as i cant reset my old account! stupid old domain name...)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz350b View Post
    Someone from Tandem keeps turning up at our place without any prior appointment. Our college is a new building, all equipment is just over a year old...... stop wasting your time and open one's eyes.

take a leaf out of c-p-ltd get a good rep on here, don't bother cold calling people we hate it phone or in person. instead sponsor great sites like this and get to know people on the forums, when people need something give them a shout. perhaps do some showcase events (during holidays) when techis like us can get away from their schools and do some networking/learn about something different.

my 2p's worth

Gaz350
    (version b as i cant reset my old account! stupid old domain name...)
    Renew your domain name and I'll give you a free IMAP email account on it if you want?

Thank Post
    Guess who turned up unannounced today?

Thank Post
    please could someone tell me a bit more about Tandem?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast