+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Misco in Purchasing and Trading; I had an account manager @ Insight and even though he is actually a nice guy i just find them ...

Thank Post

Misco

I had an account manager @ Insight and even though he is actually a nice guy i just find them very expensive. My account manager @ Misco is a dude he always gets back to me, Gets me the advice i need/want and gives me good prices

Loads of you probs use Misco anyway but if you haven't try em...there good

Barry

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Misco

Misco tend to bombard me with flyers and random telephone calls from an 'account manager', lord knows why as I've never brought anything from them, but I make it a point to never buy from a company that badgers me and wastes my time.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

got to say brought from misco few times very good company...

didnt the parent company tiger something have a court battle with apple over tiger name..

russ

Thank Post

Misco are OK (cheap pen drives) but they do tend to pummel you with emails and flyers. Be wary of their returns policy though as I know a couple of people who've had trouble returning kit.

Thank Post

We have used Misco quite a bit and they generally come up with the goods, besides the monthly catalogues are good to get people off your back when they want advice on choosing kit for departmental purchaces or private use, and there is always a good supply of the catalogues.

Thank Post

PS avoid 'The IT Index' particulrly for projector installations, a deputy head in the school had a thing against RM, and I can't blame him for that, but also doesn't like Stone. So I was encouraged to try elsewhere, what a disaster.

Both RM and Stone have done good installation work with Projectors and Smartboards

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by theshirt
    We have used Misco quite a bit and they generally come up with the goods, besides the monthly catalogues are good to get people off your back when they want advice on choosing kit for departmental purchaces or private use, and there is always a good supply of the catalogues.
    This is very true, I was asked about some pen drives last week....Here have the catalogue oh and here is the number for our account manager...We get like 5 of these catalogues a month

We are having RM do some projector work for us now...Will let you all know how it goes

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by theshirt
    PS avoid 'The IT Index' particulrly for projector installations,
    Never used them for installation - but always found their pricing very keen - several competitors have commented that they can't purchase the stuff at the prices I buy at - though they're not particularly well organised - I can stand that for non-time essential stuff.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries

We are having RM do some projector work for us now...Will let you all know how it goes
    Be careful not to sign anything!! You may find your old network torn out and the beating evil heart of RM installed!

Thank Post

You know when you want to do something but it's bad - and that makes you want to do it even more - I've not been in this game as long as a lot of you so I've never been there - but I'm almost tempted to turn my network over to them just to see what it's like!!!

Andy.

PS - only kidding

Thank Post

We use misco as one of our main suppliers for consumables and components - they're usually competitive and even exotic things get delivered within 24hrs. My old account manager was brilliant, current one is useless.

And yes, you can get bitten by the returns policy.

Thank Post

We also use Misco for most of our odds & sods and components. Their prices are rock bottom - always haggle a bit and mention DABS! For the last couple of years we've got the best prices from them for TFTs.

Account Manager is great - not technically brilliant, but super-helpful. I get the odd call when I haven't bought anything for a while, but not pushy.

Don't know about returns - never had to return anything!

RoyG

Thank Post

We have had very Little Problems with Misco & we order a LOT from them, So long as your account manager realises you know what a good prices is they are a good port of call. Our account manager (Keith Fryer) is Very helpful & we have never had any problems with Return etc… & if we put Misco up agance other suppliers they nearly always win or match the price. They are our first port of call (& most times our only)

Thank Post

ive been recently contacted by Misco, and was told that they have set up a new education section and a manager got in touch with me about this....

That was the last i heard from them, ive not ordered from them as yet... but will look to in the future....

I use IT INDEX a fair amount.... never had problems with them and always get the equipment fairly quickly...... but never used them for installs!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts

Good for new out of the box equipment. Not so good for parts (ram/hdd/mobos).
    Often they ship direct from the supplier, but its not usually an issue.
    As mentioned earlier it is worth haggling with misco
    As also mentioned - add them to your email blocklist !

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information