+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Recommended Suppliers Thread, IT Index/Proband in Purchasing and Trading; I have been dealing with The IT Index for about a year a now and they have excellent they are ...
    Thank Post

IT Index/Proband

I have been dealing with The IT Index for about a year a now and they have excellent they are cheaper thatn anywhere else!! You do it all online and it arrives at your office!! You do have an account manager to field any questions that you have and my one has always answered my questions promtly.

www.theitindex.co.uk/login

Jope this saves you all some money

Dan

Thank Post

Re: IT Index/Proband

I registed for OGC Catalist pricing recently, instantly saved £120 on a large A3 inkjet when ordering from equanet!

Thank Post

We've been using the IT Index for some time now and find them very competitive on pricing. They're totally up front about their margins as well.

The only downside is the fact that we get spam calls just about every day from our account manager (stop it now John !! ). We do all of our ordering online and don't need to be pestered to see if there's anything we need.

HBJB

Thank Post

I used Probrand a few years ago (Pre IT Index) and they ran very aggressive marketing. In the end I left them because my account manager disappeared off the face of the Earth and nobody knew where he had gone - I was told everything from a car accident to him winning the lottery but nobody else was interesting in helping me.

He turned up at the end working for someone else!

Personally not keen on online ordering - it is another step I have to take. I would still have to put the paperwork into the office to get the order number then go online and raise the order - much easier to just fax the order once the office have printed it - although I usually email a confirmation to the company instead which is even less work (it is automatic as soon as the order is raised in CMIS).

Or am I missing something that will make my life easier?

Thank Post

The thing that put me off was that literally within 5 mins of logging in and looking at their pricing i got a phone call asking if i wanted to place an order, was there anything they could do for me etc. I have to say i find the daily emails a bit annoying too. Maybe it's just me, but the companies i use regularly arent the ones who call me on a daily basis.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,526 Posts

I only get calls and emails now when I have a problem and I've asked them to contact me as I sometimes have trouble finding stuff on the site and becuase I want to double check the best price they can do me.

We just ordered a Samsung printer from them which was £198'ish but I got a phonecall yesterday to say that Samsung have said they have a manfacturing problem with that particular one but they'll let me have the next series up worth £400 for the same price and would that be ok.

Of course I said yes and I'll have another 10

Ben

Thank Post

We have been dealing with IT index for over 2 years now and had excellent service can't complain at all.

Ross

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by limbo
    Personally not keen on online ordering - it is another step I have to take. I would still have to put the paperwork into the office to get the order number then go online and raise the order - much easier to just fax the order once the office have printed it - although I usually email a confirmation to the company instead which is even less work (it is automatic as soon as the order is raised in CMIS).
    We have authorisation to create our own purchase order numbers and just order whenever we need. So long as it within the budget it's ok. I like the idea of the confirmation email within CMIS though. We use FMS (SIMS) here and I'm not aware if it can do that sort of thing - I suspect not since it seems particularly limited in "real Life" functions.

Finance sort it all out when the invoices come in. This goes for large PC orders as well. So long as we get the correct number of quotes/tenders we have cart blanche.

HBJB

Thank Post

Yes IT index are good (albeit the delivery charge is a bit steep). That is until you need to return something.

Initially they weren't too interested and tried to fob me off because I had opened the package and that their supplier wouldnt accept it back. I told them I don't care what their supplier says - as far as Im concerned my contract was with itindex/probrand/citing distance selling/stautory rights etc. Even then I had to jump through a load of hoops to get issued an RMA. I will be thinking very carefully before buying from them again becuase I just dont have the time to be sorting out returns.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

This post has been removed at original poster's school's request due to legal threats.

Any issues with way this post has been removed should be directed to the site email followup@edugeek.net and not original poster.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

This post has been removed at original poster's school's request due to legal threats.

Any issues with way this post has been removed should be directed to the site email followup@edugeek.net and not original poster.

Thank Post

We've just started using probrand - though not through choice - they have bought out our old supplier (HKW) - so far they have stopped all our back orders during the take-over, so stuff just filtering thru now..

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gatt
    they have bought out our old supplier (HKW) - so far they have stopped all our back orders during the take-over, so stuff just filtering thru now..
    I've read about this - not really a very good way of taking over business by delaying orders. Must be bad cashflow.

I've put a notice up advising staff not to use ITindex - if they do, they can sort their own returns out :x

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyKGB
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt
    they have bought out our old supplier (HKW) - so far they have stopped all our back orders during the take-over, so stuff just filtering thru now..
    I've read about this - not really a very good way of taking over business by delaying orders. Must be bad cashflow.

I've put a notice up advising staff not to use ITindex - if they do, they can sort their own returns out :x
    Well im gonna eat some humble pie here now..

All our orders are being sorted out now, in fact some are getting sent out as we speak.

Despite the name change its all business as usual and we still deal with the same people at the end of the phone, and I dont really see any real problem with them..

So, apart from the delays due to the takeover (which, IMHO, has to be expected when companies merge) I have no issues with them and intend to keep with them as our main supplier...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Just to confirm as can see above we have had request for part of this post to be removed.

Russell

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast