+ Post New Thread
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Adventnet servicedesk plus in Purchasing and Trading; Hello Fellow IT Techs, Now i don't post that much but i feel the need to tell you about this ...
    Thank Post

Adventnet servicedesk plus

Hello Fellow IT Techs,

Now i don't post that much but i feel the need to tell you about this amazin software from a company called adventnet.

The school i work at has been using servicedeskplus for almost 2 years but never really used it to recently.

Now its only recently i have noticed some of its amazin features which can be helpful within a school. Its not only a helpdesk it also has asset management contract management purchase management plus many more.

Having servicedesk plus properly running in the school i work at has made our life as technicians a lot easier. Its made staffs life easier with knowing whats going on with requests and simple questions with a FAQ system.

Recently servicedesk plus has been upgraded with some amazin features for helpdesk support. A great feature which i love is robo tech. It allows members of staff to log a job for a password reset and the robo tech will read the ticket and change the users password respond and close the ticket. This will allow us to log all the password resets and allow staff to reset passwords.

The system also can manage all the emails for ICT support. For example we have a ICT helpdesk email address which when a email is recieved it will make the email into a support ticket from the user it recieved it from and the subject and body text. Also if you send a email from a ticket and the user replies it will automaticly put it back into the ticket which was made for the user. This says bye bye to the poor sod who always gets emails and when that person is off sick noone has a clue whats going on.

It also has amazin feature with inventory management. It will search the whole network for computers and without a client it will pickup all the computer information, from hardware to what software is install on the computer. With the helpdesk it is linked and when a job request is linked to a computer a history is made for that computer. So you can see what jobs have been done to a computer exactly.

Another feature is asset management. You can control all the little assets you have in the server room and about the school. If you used the purchase order system on servicedesk plus you would simply select all the items you recieved and they would be put as assets. This can then be assigned to departments or computers or users. So if you wanted to see what other components a computer has connected to it you can easily do this.

Now here is the last great feature and this will be short. It has active directory integration so you can easily import users from active directory and let staff log in with network usernames and passwords.

Well thats it folks i felt i had to tell people about this software because its been great for where i work.

the address for the software is http://www.servicedeskplus.com

I enjoyed the software that much i did a case study on it for them

Peace out all.

Ross

Thank Post

Re: Adventnet servicedesk plus

Sounds good, how much did it cost?

Thank Post

We managed to get a licence for 1000 which means we do not have to pay again but i don't think they do that anymore. I think it maybe 500 a year now depending on how many techs you have. I have asked for a educational price list to post up on here.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,045 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is this an advert?!!

Thank Post

No not at all.

I just want to see this software used in other schools because its been a great help for us.

I don't work for the company i just wanted to put across my "success story" with the software.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread