+ Post New Thread
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Educational IT Consultancy Recommendations in Purchasing and Trading; We are a secondary school in the Midlands and we are currently engaged in a program to modernise all the ...

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries

Educational IT Consultancy Recommendations

We are a secondary school in the Midlands and we are currently engaged in a program to modernise all the IT facilities in our main buildings and we are also mid-build of our brand new sixth-form buildings which are due to go live in Sept 2011.

We are looking for an IT consultancy with proven track record of implementing IT solutions in the academic sector, preferably one located in the Midlands although this is not a major requirement.

We are looking to overhaul our existing network infrastructure, upgrade all our servers, implement a SAN, implement a wireless solution for staff and students, as well as all the IT provision required for our sixth-form build. We also need to look at licensing solutions and also a leasing solution for laptops for students.

If you are an IT consultancy, please PM me for more information / contact details / to arrange a meeting / site meeting.

Fellow Edugeekers - if you have used an IT consultancy that you would like to recommend please pass on their information!

Many thanks!

Thank Post
    Hi Tech_Guy,

We did something very similar to you about 15 months ago. We implemented a brand new network infrastructure, moving to a virtualised environment with brand new servers, implemented a couple of SANS and replaced nearly 400 desktops. We used a company called Ergo Computing based in Nottingham (should be close enough for you :-) ), and at every step of the process they have been excellent, I cannot reccomend them highly enough.

Although we didn't use them for wireless, they do offer that solution as well and they do have a track record of providing laptops (although I couldn't say for sure whether they can provide a leased option for laptops).

Aside from Ergo, the other company who scored very highly in our tender process were Stone computers. As a company they came across very very well and even though they just missed out on the contract with us, I would still reccomend that you talk to them.

Both companies have a proven track record in providing solutions to the Education market (Ergo have just been recently announced on the Becta approved list of suppliers).

If you want any contact details for either company, please drop me a pm and I'll let you have them.

Iain

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Brilliant, thanks Iain!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thank you to everyone who has responded so far. I will be in touch in due course so please don't feel you've been ignored if I haven't already responded to your PMs.

Tech_Guy

Thank Post
    Hi Tech Guy,
    Just wanted to say hello from Ergo if you have not made contact with us already.
    Would be delighted to chat with you about this, so please drop me a message (Not sure my PM message sent successfully to you) or call on 0115 9144 144 and happy to help.

Rgds

Alex Ball
    Ergo

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    I'll do it for you for 50p and a packet of fruit gums. Deal or no deal ?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread