+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Well Done NEC in Purchasing and Trading; Full marks for NEC. Came in today to a report of a faulty NP300 (18 months old). Called NEC and ...
  1. #1

    SYSMAN_MK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,009
    Thank Post
    490
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 731 Posts
    Rep Power
    429

    Well Done NEC

    Full marks for NEC. Came in today to a report of a faulty NP300 (18 months old). Called NEC and they are sending out a replacement to be delivered tomorrow. Total time of phone call 4 minutes.

    Great stuff.

  2. #2

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    12,441
    Thank Post
    1,682
    Thanked 2,041 Times in 1,485 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    461
    NEC and Epson are on the ball with this kinda stuff great to deal with them.

  3. #3

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,432
    Thank Post
    1,534
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 931 Posts
    Rep Power
    305
    Fully Agreed with NEC, had a faulty NEC Projector, quick phone call and they were brilliant about it, huge orange case arrived the following day with the replacement in it, and that was collected the day after. Couldn't fault them at all very good and helpful they were.

  4. #4

    sparkeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,167
    Thank Post
    1,422
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 1,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22
    Rep Power
    555
    Yep NEC have been awesome for us in the past, one my schools has entirely NEC desktops + servers at one point.
    Gutted when they pulled out of the desktop market here

  5. #5
    robk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ashbourne
    Posts
    544
    Thank Post
    183
    Thanked 130 Times in 109 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    49
    NEC projector support is brilliant. Can`t fault em.

  6. #6

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,323
    Thank Post
    903
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,551 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    467
    I wish i could say the same for Dell. I am having problems with them at the moment. Forum post to follow.....

  7. #7

    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    3,081
    Thank Post
    210
    Thanked 431 Times in 311 Posts
    Rep Power
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    I wish i could say the same for Dell. I am having problems with them at the moment. Forum post to follow.....
    I'm amazed, never had a problem with Dell ever and we have a lot of their kit. 1 e-mail, not even a phone call, and the spare part's on my desk the next day in most instances, unless it needs and engineer in which case they're usually there the next day as well.

  8. #8

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,323
    Thank Post
    903
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,551 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    I'm amazed, never had a problem with Dell ever and we have a lot of their kit. 1 e-mail, not even a phone call, and the spare part's on my desk the next day in most instances, unless it needs and engineer in which case they're usually there the next day as well.
    neither have i until this

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bournemouth, Dorset
    Posts
    20
    Thank Post
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Another recommendation for NEC! Had ongoing problems with model of projector they have always repaired under warranty and turn around very quick.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    193
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    Wow i had a huge problem with NEC, sent a projector off to them proberly packaged and fully supported got to them like it had been kicked around an office like a football and they wanted to charge us for the damage... er.... i dont think soo but in the end of a couple of days arguing with them they did get it sorted for no extra cost.

    Epson tho not a problem at all everytime they have been spot on.

  11. #11

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,432
    Thank Post
    1,534
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 931 Posts
    Rep Power
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Jonesy View Post
    Wow i had a huge problem with NEC, sent a projector off to them proberly packaged and fully supported got to them like it had been kicked around an office like a football and they wanted to charge us for the damage... er.... i dont think soo but in the end of a couple of days arguing with them they did get it sorted for no extra cost.

    Epson tho not a problem at all everytime they have been spot on.
    Interesting, they always shipped me a Orange Explorer case that was designed for the model projector being collected as it had the loan unit in it, that case is bulletproof and floats on water so be surprised if it was that damaged if shipped in one

  12. #12

    SYSMAN_MK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,009
    Thank Post
    490
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 731 Posts
    Rep Power
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Interesting, they always shipped me a Orange Explorer case that was designed for the model projector being collected as it had the loan unit in it, that case is bulletproof and floats on water so be surprised if it was that damaged if shipped in one
    Yep that's what mine came in, shame couldn't keep it

  13. #13

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,432
    Thank Post
    1,534
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 931 Posts
    Rep Power
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK View Post
    Yep that's what mine came in, shame couldn't keep it
    You could always buy your own - Mills Ltd



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. NEC replacement
    By marc2510 in forum AV and Multimedia Related
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 9th July 2010, 04:18 PM
  2. [Wanted] NEC VT47 Lamp
    By wickit in forum Classified Adverts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th May 2010, 05:59 PM
  3. nec powermate
    By chrbb in forum Hardware
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 1st November 2006, 12:42 PM
  4. NEC
    By british-wave in forum Recommended Suppliers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 25th January 2006, 04:18 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •