+ Post New Thread
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Zentek in Purchasing and Trading; Our school is considering using this company to provide support/hardware. Does anyone have any experience with them good or bad? ...

Thank Post

Zentek

Our school is considering using this company to provide support/hardware. Does anyone have any experience with them good or bad?

Cheers

Thank Post

Re: Zentek

I know the technical director at Zentek.
    We have used them to install and terminate new fibre optic cable.
    I have also purchased networking items from them.
    A good company with plenty of technical knowledge.

I have never bought computers from them or used them to look after any systems as we do it all here ourselves.

Hope this Helps.

Thank Post

Hi our school has been with them for about 5 years now so i know them quite well.

Best thing is to get Paul B to come in and have a look round and talk through where you wanna go with your network!!

there support contracts are a bit expensive so be carefull there!!!
    they have loads of options now

phone support
    network infrasture support
    pc support
    server support
    etc etc

If you buy computers from them they will probrably try and supply you hp or nec and fuji systems has they no longer build there own!!

i recomend the hp dc7100 or d530 very good no problem has yet..

EDIT
    they are also a resseller for ranger (it good but expensive but now owned by RM )

the techicians are usually friendly and helpful but if the job needs a server reboot be expected to shut down your server when they turn up because they will usually have more jobs to get to....(even if it means during a lesson)

EDIT

(I have no problem at all with them downing the server but some people dont see it that way.And expect the technicians to hang around to break time dinner time etc)

mark

Thank Post

interesting - do hp do deals like that too then?

It'd be interesting to know if they could be called out on a yearly contract - which would avoid additional care pack purchases etc.

If that is remotely possibly that is lol

Sorry to cross post there.

Nath.

Thank Post

Hi this is Zentek Support,

We would just like to comment on some of the points, made by MarkCUK, and maybe clarify a few:

Quote Originally Posted by markcuk
    if you pay for the maintenance of the branded (hp) computers its a con because you can deal with hp and cut out zentek!!!!

they will also try and push ranger for everything!!

the techicians are usually friendly and helpful but if the job needs a server reboot be expected to shut down your server when they turn up because they will usually have more jobs to get to....(even if it means during a lesson)

mark
    We 'do' have a separate maintenence fee for machines that are under manufacturer's "Warranty", but I assure you that it isn't a 'con'! This fee is to cover work that is outside of a manufacturer's warranty (i.e. HP); for example re-imaging a machine, re-installation of applications and adding machines back onto Domains etc. Engineers calling on behalf of tier one manufacturers will normally only restore a machine back to factory default. If a site has staff that are already proficient in bringing a machine back to a working state, then they can 'waiver' this fee !

Regarding Ranger, we 'do' push this product as it covers the 'loopholes' in a OS that AD Policies cannot cover (or may cover in a user unfriendly fashion). As a company we 'agree' that AD can cover around 75% of rangers functionality, but not with the 'ease of use' factor and more. If you want to know what the extra 25% is, then feel free to contact Zentek rather than us trying to 'push' this product again in a forum

Regarding the 'shutting down of servers within a lesson'; we agree that in an ideal world we would like to reboot/shutdown a server out of hours or during break times etc. but we are always hindered by the following:
    1) 'All' educational sites want a visit during break times - which is impossible !
    2) 'Most' site staff will not stay after hours to accomodate a call especially after 3:30pm !
    3) The nature of some faults will inevitably cause some downtime. 'Any' downtime for a site is inconvenient, no matter what time it may be.

I sure that most educational IT departments can sympathise with what we have said, as most IT calls are 'always urgent'

Regards,
    Zentek Support.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

lol

Hi Zentek support

<quote>
    We 'do' have a separate maintenence fee for machines that are under manufacturer's "Warranty", but I assure you that it isn't a 'con'! This fee is to cover work that is outside of a manufacturer's warranty (i.e. HP); for example re-imaging a machine, re-installation of applications and adding machines back onto Domains etc. Engineers calling on behalf of tier one manufacturers will normally only restore a machine back to factory default. If a site has staff that are already proficient in bringing a machine back to a working state, then they can 'waiver' this fee !
    </quote>

I agree con was bit of strong word to use there but then people seee it from one point of view often...

Anyway glad you joined we love suppliers coming on offer support and posting (as long as dont spam the board)

As for ranger as you are more than likly aware like most things ranger and other such systems like rm have love/hate thing you either love it or hate it....

Regards

Russell

Thank Post

More and more members popping up from more and more companys/suppliers.

L

Thank Post

ha ha caught out!!

sorry lads!!!

maybe "CON" WAS THE WRONG WORD

just giving an honest review of your services!! (not a review expressed by the school but by a technician who has worked with them over the years)

nice of you to reply and welcome to the forums, now i know where you get all the answers from when i ring you and you put me on hold

maybe you should get in touch with the owners of this forum and help us with problems/solutions that you must come across everyday and set up a company support forum on here i know there are a lot of schools that use your services and would like the input from you guys.

will phone tomoz to make peace

mark

Thank Post

That was quite a 'down to earth' reply too. Sounds like a reasonable company.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,788 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries

We like companies that come on board in a very helpful manner ...

Thank Post

No worries MarkCUK ! No need to make peace!

We were just trying to provide a 'balanced' viewpoint.

We do understand the pressures that IT departments receive from 'other' departments, and how schools are strict with staff break times.

It can be very difficult for 'any' IT Service provider and the sites respective IT department to work around the sites needs. This is especially evident due to the growing demands placed on a network, including extra curricula activities and evening classes etc.

Regards,
    Zentek Support.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information