+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Where has Simon gone?!! in Purchasing and Trading; A Sales Managers toolkit is their experience and their contacts & relationships withinn the customer base in their sector, so ...

Thank Post
    A Sales Managers toolkit is their experience and their contacts & relationships withinn the customer base in their sector, so its fair game to take contacts you deal with. So I would say its fair game to contact your regular customers when you move, its up to the customer to decide wether to stick with the sales manager in a new company, or to stick with the existing company with a new sales manager.
    What I would say is not fair game, is on their last day exporting the whole customer database and taking that with you.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    TBH how would you know? I mean you cannot stop people remembering who they spoke to at a company and calling them if they are in a new venture that that person might be interested in?
    This is people's livelihood - you can't say that the person cannot deal with ANYONE he has dealt with before if his new company is in the same industry. It would be unreasonable
    Actually in some places its in the contract they sign up to with the job, i know this is a different profession but my dentist had it in his.

When he resigned from the practice he was at it was in his contract that if and when he left them he was not allowed to approach or take on any patients from that practice for 18 months otherwise they would seek legal action for him taking them and that was in his contract, yes he knew that was in it when he signed up for the job but it is possible to add in and as it was a national group he worked for I suspect however it was worded it was probably 110% legal and binding. Yes I guess you can argue how would they know he has done that etc but he was very clear as I said I wanted to stay with him as he is a really good dentist and the replacement they got changed every 5 minutes (im an NHS patient not private so we just had locums and temps for 2 years!) but he said not for 18 months due to this clause so I just put up with locums for just over 2 years then moved to his new practice so its possible.

Basically i was more meaning dumping the entire database etc, rather than just remembering Witch @ Witch's School I'll "cold call" as it were them.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,419 Times in 1,698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Actually in some places its in the contract they sign up to with the job, i know this is a different profession but my dentist had it in his.

When he resigned from the practice he was at it was in his contract that if and when he left them he was not allowed to approach or take on any patients from that practice for 18 months otherwise they would seek legal action for him taking them and that was in his contract, yes he knew that was in it when he signed up for the job but it is possible to add in and as it was a national group he worked for I suspect however it was worded it was probably 110% legal and binding. Yes I guess you can argue how would they know he has done that etc but he was very clear as I said I wanted to stay with him as he is a really good dentist and the replacement they got changed every 5 minutes (im an NHS patient not private so we just had locums and temps for 2 years!) but he said not for 18 months due to this clause so I just put up with locums for just over 2 years then moved to his new practice so its possible.

Basically i was more meaning dumping the entire database etc, rather than just remembering Witch @ Witch's School I'll "cold call" as it were them.
    When I was in recruitment it was in my contract that I couldnt work for a competitor or contact a company I had dealt with within a 10 mile radius. I successfully proved that, as recruitment in a fairly narrow field (electronics and computing) was my speciality, by holding me to this contract they were stopping me doing my job. Taking the whole customer base is not on, but frankly any good salesman can remember the details of almost all of his contacts anyway - or enough to find them.
    Letting a customer know that you have moved and giving them an idea of what you are doing now is not an issue. If Simon goes somewhere else where he can help me as he always has, I will certainly use him again in the future

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234