+ Post New Thread
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Broadband Supplier I Recommend for Home And Schools. in Purchasing and Trading; Hello All. From an earlier post I said I would get back and let you know how I have got ...
    Thank Post

Broadband Supplier I Recommend for Home And Schools.

Hello All.
    From an earlier post I said I would get back and let you know how I have got on with Broadband supplier.

My first experience with Broadband has been very smooth I chose "Eclipse" I Can Only Recommend Them.
    I believe they get 80% of there customers by recommendation and I think that must say something

I have just gone on to Broadband 2 months ago, moved from BT Dial-up , I did some online research about ISP's and found that "Eclipse" http://www.eclipse.net.uk are owned by "Kingston Telecommunications" near Hull (100 years old) and they are an older tele coms business than BT with there own Network and back-hall pipes (that's the wires were the information is sent down ), "So I was thinking this maybe a better ISP than the rest".
    Well they told me it will take 5 days to connect me (It was only 4) and I have gone on a Business product and have been very pleased, I have send emails to there Technical and Customer support ( ALL English ) Not in some far off land and a reply comes back with in two days, (Or you can phone them).
    My main contact has been Dan Hall, his email address = danielDOThallATkcomDOTcom he has been very helpful and seems to go out of his way to help you, he even gave me a free phone number to call him on 0800 915 5999.

They have a good background in supplying Homes, Business's, leased lines for Schools Etc.

Michael. Ps Just tell Dan "tickmike" sent you and he will do his best to help you for schools or home.

Thank Post

Re: Broadband Supplier I Recommend for Home And Schools.

I use Eclipse at home and agree that their service is very good - it's just a shame I live too far from the exchange to get anything more than 512kbps Despite this I still get decent speeds though and upload speeds have always been 256k or better.

I especially liked the way they automatically put the cost of my service down to their new rate and back-dated it by a year!!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

i used to use eclipse there were one of the best then i went off them when they started all this flex stuff and they got expencive. but there con rate used to be 20:1 i dont know what it is now.

Thank Post

Hello,
    Ric,
    Re "I live too far from the exchange to get anything more than 512kbps".
    At home I live about 3.5Kl from the exchange and sync. about 6208kbps and get a though-put of about 4Mb which for me is ok.

Ric, have you connected to the 'test socket' to see if you get a better connection.

alonebfg,
    Re "but there con rate used to be 20:1 I don't know what it is now".
    At home I have gone on one the "Business" products and that is 20:1, so I get a good connection all day, when the other business's shut down for the day I get a good connection in the evening and night.

At the school we have one of the other business products which is fine for its a very small school and we get a good connection.

A leased line for this school is way over the top.

Regards Michael.

richard

I use Eclipse at home after moving from BT and i have found them to be excellent. The only thing I have to do is to remember to download large files such as iso's during the day whilst I am at work so that they don't count towards my peak hours download limit.

Thank Post

Just an Update to say we get FREE Phone calls now with this ISP at Home...

Thank Post

Distance from exchange can be a right pain in the posteria, luckily for me the house I just moved to is about 300m from the exchange, so I get full whack of my 20mb internet connection. (which is handy for those ISOs hehe)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread