+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Recommended Suppliers Thread, 25th March. Aldi do computer stuff!! in Purchasing and Trading; ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by patty04 View Post
    hmmm i could use that for my 360 instead of buying a 360 wireless adapter.

the audio out, i wonder if that works like the apple air port extreme
    Don't think it would do that unfortunately. (Though I'm may test that tonight)

May I recommend the Edimax Wireless-g 54Mbps Access Point for Circa £30 from all good stockists ( )

Works a treat instead of the 360 wireless adapter.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcshammer_dj View Post
    surley that is the wrong way round? certainly is for me
    lol very funny!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Aldi ? Wouldn't be seen dead in one of those shops. It attracts too many chavs and gypos.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Aldi ? Wouldn't be seen dead in one of those shops. It attracts too many chavs and gypos.
    A-men to that!

If the quality of the PC is anything like the quality of the food you'd be better of with a Packard Bell (and that's saying something!)

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, I had a wasted journey tonight on the way home from work - the 40-quid wireless usb hub looked like a cheap solution for a charity I support IT-wise, so along I popped - only to encounter some git coming out the place carrying the last five. So in I went to have a go at the manager for allowing customers to buy more than one. FFS! And you were right, Mattx, the place was full of chavs.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Well, I had a wasted journey tonight on the way home from work - the 40-quid wireless usb hub looked like a cheap solution for a charity I support IT-wise, so along I popped - only to encounter some git coming out the place carrying the last five. So in I went to have a go at the manager for allowing customers to buy more than one. FFS! And you were right, Mattx, the place was full of chavs.
    Hope you were wearing a stab vest when you complained to the manager.......

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    A-men to that!

If the quality of the PC is anything like the quality of the food you'd be better of with a Packard Bell (and that's saying something!)
    You are right there, I popped round to a friends who shops at Aldi, they had some snacks and stuff out as it was a small social gathering - it tasted [ and looked ] like the contents of a hoover bag.

Thank Post
    True, but our local one is nowhere near as bad as our local ASDA.

Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    The only (Medion) problem I've had with mine was due to a stalled BIOS update. The "customer service" was no help whatsoever, but some help here got it sorted. If I hadn't had that experience I'd be very happy with the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Well, I had a wasted journey tonight on the way home from work - the 40-quid wireless usb hub looked like a cheap solution for a charity I support IT-wise, so along I popped - only to encounter some git coming out the place carrying the last five.
    Our store hasn't even had their stock in (possibly the lorry was hijacked by that girl!).

You are right there, I popped round to a friends who shops at Aldi, they had some snacks and stuff out as it was a small social gathering - it tasted [ and looked ] like the contents of a hoover bag.
    Some is rubbish, some isn't. Their maple syrup popcorn (when they have it) is gorgeous, and they do some nice cous cous and quinoa stuff. Their £1.59 meat feast pizza is probably my favourite store pizza of all.

Thank Post
    Some is rubbish, some isn't. Their maple syrup popcorn (when they have it) is gorgeous, and they do some nice cous cous and quinoa stuff. Their £1.59 meat feast pizza is probably my favourite store pizza of all.
    £1.59 for a meat FEAST pizza eh ?
    I just shudder thinking what 'meat' they put on it......

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    £1.59 for a meat FEAST pizza eh ?
    I just shudder thinking what 'meat' they put on it......
    'meat' - Aldi? I'm sure they are banned from using that word on any of their produce - trade description act?

I normally shop (online) at Sainsburys. I have a Lidl (Aldi under another name?) store opposite me. I've gone slumming it on the odd occasion, conveniance, and so far the only the thing that hasn't tasted wrong as been the milk...

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    I often shop in Waitrose. I also often shop in Lidl. The chocolate covered marshmallows a habit acquired whilst living in Germany. Their dark chocolate bars are great in the chocolate fudge cakes I make, 12 bars for less than £10.

Managed to get a Remote Hub and they had several left in one of the roughest parts of the city. It was quiet, not too many chavs, one was trying to decipher the advert for the external HDD, '3.5TB 1TB' all just numbers to him.

Thank Post
    You have to be a bit selective at Aldi. Their peanuts are great, as are the yoghurts and mushrooms. Fruit needs to be picked with care but that's the same in Waitrose. Their cereals are fine and biscuits.

Thank Post
    Dont mock the aldi and lidl, well at least until you've tried the beer, they've got some cracking german brews and they usually put bottled ales at 4 and sometimes 5 for a fiver so its worth popping your head in the door just for that. The Saint Etienne lager is supposedly rebadged belgian Stella, whatever it is it tastes pretty good, theres a bit of a thread over at moneysavingexpert on whats good/crap too.

MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowmanuk View Post
    Dont mock the aldi and lidl, well at least until you've tried the beer, they've got some cracking german brews and they usually put bottled ales at 4 and sometimes 5 for a fiver so its worth popping your head in the door just for that. The Saint Etienne lager is supposedly rebadged belgian Stella, whatever it is it tastes pretty good, theres a bit of a thread over at moneysavingexpert on whats good/crap too.

MoneySavingExpert.com Forums
    I'll stick with trusted brands thanks !! Plus I happen to like my eye sight.

Thank Post
    Ah well, I tried, if they start knocking out bottles of hobgoblin at a quid a bottle do you want me to give you a nudge? I'm sure aldi are doing Newcastle Brown Ale at a pound a bottle from today too.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast