+ Post New Thread
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Lasertech in Purchasing and Trading; Just like to add a recommendation for Lasertech , who I've been dealing with for a while now for remanufactured ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts

Lasertech

Just like to add a recommendation for Lasertech, who I've been dealing with for a while now for remanufactured toner cartridges.

In the past I've bought originals, having burned several times by poor quality remanufactured ones. However, I began using Lasertech brand cartridges in my HP laser printers last September as an experiment in cost-saving, and have found that the quality and reliability is easily comparable with HP's own consumables. After recently learning how much Xerox were ripping me off with their toners, I've started buying their Xerox compatibles as well, and have had no problems at all so far.

I get plenty of calls telling me I could do it cheaper (as I'm sure everybody does), but I'd rather have cartridges that I wasn't having to send back every other week.

Account manager at our local franchise is always helpful, next day delivery is included in the price, and online ordering is a piece of cake. Can't ask for much more than that, really.
    Last edited by AngryTechnician; 12th March 2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Capitalisation

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    +1 for Lasertech

Been using a local Lasertech reseller for years. There compatibles are top notch and good value. On the very rare occasions I do have a problem the toners are swapped over FOC, no questions asked. They take back the emptys and give money back on Original brand our Lasertech brand emptys.

I even get emergancy same day deliveries and 99% next working day deliveries (before 10AM usually) the rest of the time.

But maybe a lot of the A* customer service is down to the local franchise owner more than the core lasertech brans - still I'm a very happy customer.

Thank Post
    I had a look on the Lasertech site. Their compatible toners are more expensive than what I'm paying for genuine HP toners on a couple of models and way more than I pay for other brand compatibles (which have a no-quibble lifetime warranty). They're nearer the mark on A3 toners (but still slightly more expensive)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    I'm very surprised you can get genuine for less. I know full well they are certainly not the cheapest compatibles out there, but in my experience they are much more reliable than others I've used.

No-quibble lifetime warranty is all well and good, but if you still have the hassle of having them coat the entire inside of your printer with toner and inconveniencing everyone using your lab when the printer conks out unexpectedly, it's still not worth it. I just want them to not go wrong in the first place, and that's what I get from Lasertech.

Thank Post
    My experience with lasertech was quite good, for a while. I think we stopped using them because the prices were too expensive.

As said above, at one point, I was quoted on their HP Q2610A a price that was a little more than a genuine HP toner of the same type. Their reman prices are also high compared to others and we found reliability of some of their HP toners questionable (some leaked everywhere as soon as the tab was pulled). Now, don't say "it's being pulled wrong", because we now use Thomas Computer Supplies for our remans and never had a leaky toner yet and never had one leak as soon as the tab is pulled (ok, had a small few that have caused us problems, but never had one that has leaked).

I couldn't fault their customer service though (as said above, this is the local franchise which doesn't necessarily reflect the company overall). Our chap was A+ for delivery and service and for that I was sorry to have to stop using them and problem toners were always replaced the next working day, but we have to factor in price and that wasn't up to scratch.

So overall for Lasertech? Good service, but uncompetitive prices.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    We use a company called scillicon alley, we provide a cupboard in the school and they stock it with toners so we hold no stock of the toners they invoice us once a month for what we have used

Toby

Thank Post
    Thanks for the mention Toby, just like to correct the spelling though!

I have seen on the forum some fairly well deserved rants about certain company’s remanufactured cartridges (and service), but buying remanufactured cartridges is not like shopping around for originals. You tend to get what you pay for. The really cheap remans can be a false economy by the time you take in to account the time wasted replacing faulty ones and cleaning the printer out, and then trying to get a credit for the cartridge.

Just a quick plug (if that’s OK) - our Inkwell service can provide remans as well as originals. If you get a failure we will swap it without quibbles and not charge you for it – so no hassles with RMA’s or credit notes, and if it dumps toner in your printer we will get an engineer out to clean it. If it wrecks the printer (unlikely, but possible) we will replace the printer.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    yeah i can spell sorry for that!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information