+ Post New Thread
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Viglen Genie Ultra Pro in Purchasing and Trading; ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,648 Times in 2,049 Posts
    Blog Entries

Viglen Genie Ultra Pro

Just wanted to post a quick post saying how good these machines are. We have bought 3 of them for testing out a transition to classroom workstation PCs and the build quality is excellent, along with the price.

We got them with 19" glass fronted screens and Core 2 Quad Q9550 vPro chips, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD's, and integrated stands and they came in at £632 each. No-one else could come close to that spec or price. Oh, and that includes 4 year onsite warranty too.

If this was ebay i'd be putting A++++++ Would buy again!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,648 Times in 2,049 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For anyone interested, I have written a review of the machines, available at Localzuk Blog Archive Viglen Genie Ultra Pro Review

Thank Post
    Nice to see some positve comments for Viglen, they've really got their act together recently it would seem. I slightly reluctantly purchased 30 Viglen L60 laptops in July last year for our new enterprise suite. I say slightly reluctantly, I really wanted to go with Dell, but Viglen offered such a good spec at a very good price with the same warranty deal I couldn't ignore it, so we went with them.

So far, so good - we've only had one breakdown, which was a dodgey screen. Reported it yesterday and was very pleasently surprised to get an engineer visit today, not that I should have been as we paid for next business day warranty on them, but past experience with Viglen taught me that this rarely happened, but they proved me wrong I'm pleased to say!

The only gripe I have with them is that you can't buy the screens as a seperate spare part from viglen themselves, as we had one that was vandalised and broken - obviously not covered by the warranty, but I managed to source one from elsewhere very easily, so I'm not too fussed by this.

Also their other spare parts (apart from the screens) are reasonably priced. Keyboards are £25 each, Vs dells £35 each, power adapters are £25 each, vs Dells £30-£35 each so it really is a win all round.

If you're looking for kit, it is well worth giving Viglen a call, I have enough confidence to recommend them again now.

Mike.

Thank Post
    We recently have an IT Suite loaded with Viglen, and though they are not as 'robust' as the latest RM All in One, they do the job. The price is really a tentation and the specs are by far better than other suppliers.
    A hard drive failed within a week on a Viglen station and the studetns tend to move the computers by pushing the monitor, which moves very badly on the Vesta mounting unit: got the feeling it will not last as long as RM all in one, but let's see how well they do when we get the CC4 over the summer.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread