+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Suppliers with good websites, stock levels and eta in Purchasing and Trading; Can anyone recommend any good suppliers who have... a) Good prices (well this one is always needed!) and importantly b) ...

Thank Post

Suppliers with good websites, stock levels and eta

Can anyone recommend any good suppliers who have...

a) Good prices (well this one is always needed!)

and importantly

b) Good easily browseable websites so I can check what they sell etc (rather than me having to ask for quotes)

c) The website should also show accurate stock levels AND eta's for items.

I hate to say this but as an example I really do like the Incite Direct website (but due to issues I have had with them in the past I wont purchase from them any longer.... )

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siuko View Post
    Can anyone recommend any good suppliers who have...

a) Good prices (well this one is always needed!)

and importantly

b) Good easily browseable websites so I can check what they sell etc (rather than me having to ask for quotes)

c) The website should also show accurate stock levels AND eta's for items.

I hate to say this but as an example I really do like the Incite Direct website (but due to issues I have had with them in the past I wont purchase from them any longer.... )
    What problems have you had with them? I use them and have done for many years now and I have no problems with them at all and amazing service and support.

Thank Post
    Btbusinessdirect.com
    get an account manager and they can somtimes price match or beat if you call them

Thank Post
    And what sort of cake do you want with that

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    I used to use Insight and like you I preferred to see what products were available, but now I find it much easier for me to come up with a 'wishlist' and let the suppliers locate me the products - it helps with shopping around getting like for like quotes also.

Thank Post
    No fancy websites needed, there's a few good suppliers on here.

I've used Misco, eBuyer, Dabs.

Thank Post
    The IT Index aka ProBrand

Thank Post
    Thanks everyone for the replies

I have always found looking at websites my preferred method to find what I want - so a good easy to use website is important to me.

I'm sorry but I dont really like talking to sales people most of the time as they always want to try to sell me stuff

I also have an account with ITIndex / Probrand and their website is a little slow and hard to find things on.

I've also found most of the suppliers on here to be of the type (quote me and I'll get you pricing) rather than having websites with the pricing fully available. (I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that at all - its just my funny way I like to look for equipment)

Anyways thanks all - shame more businesses dont concentrate on their websites a little more for user friendlyness

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kjtranter View Post
    Btbusinessdirect.com
    get an account manager and they can somtimes price match or beat if you call them
    Used to be dabs business, these guys are great. We have craig as our account manager, nice guy!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,632 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siuko View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replies

I have always found looking at websites my preferred method to find what I want - so a good easy to use website is important to me.

I'm sorry but I dont really like talking to sales people most of the time as they always want to try to sell me stuff

I also have an account with ITIndex / Probrand and their website is a little slow and hard to find things on.

I've also found most of the suppliers on here to be of the type (quote me and I'll get you pricing) rather than having websites with the pricing fully available. (I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that at all - its just my funny way I like to look for equipment)

Anyways thanks all - shame more businesses dont concentrate on their websites a little more for user friendlyness
    I see what you mean but it would be very difficult to list every single little bit of kit that you are after, wouldn't it?
    At the risk of sounding like a cheerleader, try Simon at CPLTD - he doesn't try and sell you stuff you don't want - he will go and find exactly what you need - or even, very occasionally, admit that he can't help rather than try and sell you something else.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    I see what you mean but it would be very difficult to list every single little bit of kit that you are after, wouldn't it?
    At the risk of sounding like a cheerleader, try Simon at CPLTD - he doesn't try and sell you stuff you don't want - he will go and find exactly what you need - or even, very occasionally, admit that he can't help rather than try and sell you something else.
    ooh the thought of you dressed like a cheer leader hun hmmm , thanks for the recomendation Witch

rhr
    Thank Post
    Hi Siuko
    I would be very interested in talking to you to get your feedback on The IT Index.
    Please pm me your details
    Richard

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Another vote for CPLTD with ref to other sites I use

CCL Computers - Awarded Best Online Retailer 2008 for PC, PC Components, Laptops, Notebook, Computer Components, Intel Servers, Hard Drives, PC Memory
    Aria PC - Computer Hardware, Components, Monitors.. at lowest prices

Edited

http://www.scan.co.uk
    http://www.novatech.co.uk

I also check the other ones mentioned above with ref to misco, dabs, ebuyer
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 3rd February 2010 at 05:37 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,641 Times in 2,045 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I use the insight site to find products usually, then contact a bunch of companies to provide me with quotes. Sometimes Insight come in cheapest, sometimes others do. Prices seem to vary quite wildly on some things (HP equipment prices for example!).

I can understand the wish to look at a website (I do it all the time) but you should also try firing a few emails off once you've settled on equipment.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,526 Posts
    Well I used to like dealing with Dabs4Work aka btbusinessdirect but my account manager went to price me up 40'odd HP USDT's with stands about a month ago and I've not heard from him since.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast