Poll: Do you use CCTV in School?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Recommended Suppliers Thread, CCTV in Purchasing and Trading; I just got told by one company that using POE Cameras outside is a bad idea because they will steam ...
    Thank Post

Re: CCTV

I just got told by one company that using POE Cameras outside is a bad idea because they will steam up or frost over.
    They said what we need is a camera housing with a heater that is powered from the mains.

Is this a problem other people have experienced or is the company just trying to sell me more stuff?

Also does anyone now how the Milestone XProtect software varies to Classview (provided by CSE). I also read about zoneminder, a Linux CCTV system, in these forums. What is the best/flexible/cost effective option?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

We're considering using Zoneminder with IP cameras (not sure on what) internally in classrooms to monitor unsupervised kids.

Externally we have an existing system in place. I've no idea the details suffice to say it's 'proffessional' and 'expensive'. It's not IP based, more a traditional system from what little I've looked at it too.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by thom
    I just got told by one company that using POE Cameras outside is a bad idea because they will steam up or frost over.
    They said what we need is a camera housing with a heater that is powered from the mains.

Is this a problem other people have experienced or is the company just trying to sell me more stuff?

Also does anyone now how the Milestone XProtect software varies to Classview (provided by CSE). I also read about zoneminder, a Linux CCTV system, in these forums. What is the best/flexible/cost effective option?
    Was it CSE who told you that? They installed ours and we've had PEO cameras outside for over a year now without any problems, apart from the odd spider making a comfy web in front of the camera!

Milestone does appear to be better software but it's a case of will you use it if the other has the features you need? Milestone is expensive compared to others. You could ask CSE to price up the alternatives.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12