+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Thanks to Net-Ctrl - Ruckus Wireless in Purchasing and Trading; Well after purchasing the Ruckus wireless system way back in April from Mark at Net Ctrl we final got around ...
    Thank Post

Thanks to Net-Ctrl - Ruckus Wireless

Well after purchasing the Ruckus wireless system way back in April from Mark at Net Ctrl we final got around to installing it over summer. After using it for the last 3-4 weeks I have got to say I am very impressed with it, it just works all the W/L laptops connect no problem we have had class of 30 laptop connecting no problem and the staff are loving being able to roam all over school with their laptop. PE is especially happy as we have full coverage of the sports hall and Gym and even all the way on the sports field and tennis courts for lesson registration.
    Last edited by ticker; 25th September 2009 at 10:09 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Glad you are happy with it and it performs as promised, as always anything you need or any questions you may have we are always here and happy to help.

Cheers for now

Mark

Thank Post
    Hi Ticker

We are looking at replacing our current wireless setup, a Zyxel blanket coverage (purchased last year at a great expense) but absolutely pants. Please could you give me some indication as to how much we are talking about and what are the limitations, if any.

Many thanks

Thank Post
    it was around about 15k thou at the time Ruckus did have some offers on so we saved a bit a money on the access points. Your best speaking to Mark who has posted in here as well as it was his company that supplied us with all of the kit. At the moment i haven't come across any limitations with the system. its mainly just been setting up the settings to get the best out of it.
    I am not sure where in the UK you are but if your near Preston you are more than welcome to come visit and have a look.

Thank Post

Smile This is why we Love ruckus

Hey, Just thought I'd show you how good Ruckus Wireless, Special Thanks to Mark Power, for providing me with this truly amazing Wireless Kit!!!!

Picture is a screen shot of 125 users on the wireless
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Sounding like its working well at your place Its on my list for the next 2 years where I am now, as I do miss my Ruckus from where I used to work, 3Com, Netgear and D-Link mish-mash is just pants compared to the Ruckus Power I bet my quote's been the longest Mark has had open and keeps updating for me for our management, but I know I will get the order placed as soon as I have the capital for it and Mark knows that, they couldn't be more helpful for us him and Aggy and Stu are the most helpful guys I've ever dealt with

Thank Post
    we recently purchased some Ruckus kit from Aggy at Net Ctrl and we are very happy with it.
    We had a problem in one corridor of the school that even with 3 wg302 points in them would not maintain a good wireless connection. We replaced the 3 wg302 with two 2942 ruckus points and everything in that area now works fine.
    I can't wait untill we can do the English corridor as well

Thank Post
    Well - I'm not so happy

Bought a 6 AP/controller Ruckus for one of my schools and I've set up 15 NC10's to access it - all seemed OK until I got a call from the ICT Co-ord saying the class couldn't save their work to the server

I went in and after much prodding I managed to provoke them into doing the same for me

Now since the server is a Linux NAS type box I decided to give the Ruckus a fair chance and setup a W2k3 server as well.

Disable the wireless security as well.

All afternoon everything worked fine until about 4:30 when 6 laptops decided they couldn't see the server any more so I tried accessing my W2k3 box instead and that wasn't accessible either.

The school say they've never had a problem with the fixed LAN machines.

Not a happy bunny

It still could be something on the network but ...

I'll have to go back next week and see if there are any upgrades available to the NC10's/Ruckus

regards
    Simon

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    Well - I'm not so happy

Bought a 6 AP/controller Ruckus for one of my schools and I've set up 15 NC10's to access it - all seemed OK until I got a call from the ICT Co-ord saying the class couldn't save their work to the server

I went in and after much prodding I managed to provoke them into doing the same for me

Now since the server is a Linux NAS type box I decided to give the Ruckus a fair chance and setup a W2k3 server as well.

All afternoon everything worked fine until about 4:30 when 6 laptops decided they couldn't see the server any more so I tried accessing my W2k3 box instead and that wasn't accessible either.

Not a happy bunny

Mark

I'll have to go back next week and see if there are any upgrades available to the NC10's/Ruckus

regards
    Simon
    Hi Simon

As per the PM please contact our support team via the details provided or call on 01473 281211 on Monday we will be able to work on resolving this with you.

Cheers

Thank Post
    Well - I'm not so happy

Not a happy bunny

regards
    Simon
    what switches are the ruckus points going into, some netgear poe switches need the latest firmware to support roaming clients.

try and do a network repair on when of the laptops it should renew its ip address if the repair fails then reboot the switches and try the repair again if it works then its the switches that are causing the issue

Thank Post
    Well - I'm not so happy

Not a happy bunny

regards
    Simon
    We are having the same problems here - not a happy bunny at all . Support has been on the case for a week and still no resolution

Thank Post
    Are you using NC10s as well?

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Are you using NC10s as well?

regards

Simon
    No just ordinary laptops. Various models from HP, Toshiba, Stone & Rock. Around 400 of em!

Thank Post
    Have you checked the ZD logs at the time of the issue? run a speed test from a client at this time as well?

Thank Post
    See PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast