+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Recommended Suppliers Thread, HP Laserjet Toner in Purchasing and Trading; Who do you recommend for toner supplies for HP Laserjets ?...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts

HP Laserjet Toner

Who do you recommend for toner supplies for HP Laserjets ?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    your could give us a try fella , many a happy edugeek member who has purchased from CP,

if you would like to email me the details joe@c-p-ltd.com

Last edited by Dos_Box; 14th June 2012 at 12:37 PM.

Thank Post
    I know we've used Concita (Welcome to Concita - 020 8905 1707 - Computer Supplies and Stationery) for toners. Just moving to a managed print scheme however so hopefully won't be needing to buy toners any more!

Thank Post
    I should also mention that I've used CP for toner as well and they've always been good

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 760 Posts
    @CyberNerd:

Have been using a Nottingham based next day supplier called XMA for all our laserjet toners for the past 5 years as they have never been beaten on price from all their main competitors.

I am open to quotes from other interested parties though!
    Will be putting together an order shortly PM me if your interested in quoting.

P.S I am allergic to pushy people so keep it short and sweet.

Thank Post
    We've been using QC Supplies since they manage to undercut our other suppliers by a useful margin, appear to be non-dodgy and they deliver promptly.

They may of course be evil in other ways, but I haven't discovered anything yet

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    @CyberNerd:

Have been using a Nottingham based next day supplier called XMA for all our laserjet toners for the past 5 years as they have never been beaten on price from all their main competitors.

Hiya Bossman,

If you would like to send me the list over by email I will take a look at beating XMA for you,

simon@c-p-ltd.com

dont forget to put the price to beat on fella,

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 760 Posts

Business

Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    Hiya Bossman,

dont forget to put the price to beat on fella,

Now come on fella don't expect me to give you hand on this one, I will send you and any other company a list of the toners by machine and you can quote me on the price of the toners for that particular printer, then I will see who matches up.
    If there are close similarities then those companies will be given the chance to excel by having another attempt (I am sure you get the picture as this is common business practise) all in the name of best customer service.

I hope you will take part and not be put off by this approach as I find over the years this has been a very good process for both our school and the number of select suppliers we have dealt with.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Now come on fella don't expect me to give you hand on this one, I will send you and any other company a list of the toners by machine and you can quote me on the price of the toners for that particular printer, then I will see who matches up.
    If there are close similarities then those companies will be given the chance to excel by having another attempt (I am sure you get the picture as this is common business practise) all in the name of best customer service.

I hope you will take part and not be put off by this approach as I find over the years this has been a very good process for both our school and the number of select suppliers we have dealt with.
    hey no problem fella send me over the list and I'll get to work on it, the only reason i mentioned XMA prices is that obviously price is king when purchasing consumables as you stated nobody has been able to beat them mabye if we knew what to beat we could

Thank Post
    If you're buying compatibles and not originals, I've found Misco to be very keen on their pricing - they sell the inkrite range of compatibles which I've found to be very good.

For HP originals, it's anyone's bet as the prices are changing all the time. We've just switched to using compatibles as original cartridge prices have gone through the roof in recent months.

Mike.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    If you're buying compatibles and not originals, I've found Misco to be very keen on their pricing - they sell the inkrite range of compatibles which I've found to be very good.

For HP originals, it's anyone's bet as the prices are changing all the time. We've just switched to using compatibles as original cartridge prices have gone through the roof in recent months.

Mike.
    you should really give us a shout for compatibles fella we supply office basics compatible inks which have a superb reputation and are cheaper than Inkrite,

Thank Post
    you should really give us a shout for compatibles fella we supply office basics compatible inks which have a superb reputation and are cheaper than Inkrite,
    I will do next time we're ordering (which won't be for a few months as we're well stocked at the moment) as long as you are able to offer free next day delivery, and the office basics range have the same capacities as the HP originals like the inkrite ones do.

I've had bad experiences with compatibles, so it was a leap of faith for me to order any to start with. I did a lot of reading on the different brands available and actually chose inkrite because of a large number of positive reviews and a smaller number of negative ones, it was just by chance that Misco sold them and we had an account with them already.

Mike.

Thank Post
    @CyberNerd:

I'm still waiting for the contact details you said you would send though

Thank Post
    I've been using Xerox branded compatibles for a couple of years. They work great and are half the price of HP.

My supplier of choice is Jenny at Document Express (I haven't got the number to hand).

EDIT: Here's the number... 0161 622 5047... btw... the Xerox cartridges also come with a garauntee not to break your printers. I think I've had one 'bad' cartride out of shed loads - a replacement came the next day without any quibbling!
    Last edited by Ric_; 5th August 2009 at 01:12 AM.

Thank Post
    I can second Office Basics compatibles - our local supplier offers these and Initiative-branded "refilled" cartridges, and we can see straight away the Office Basics ones are superior. We use these now as we can no longer afford to buy OEM cartridges, and they seem just as good as the OEM cartridges. Although we buy them off a local supplier, CPL do the exact same cartridges so it's worth asking Simon about them.

The only time we buy OEM cartridges these days is for brand new printers and our admin/office printers (where the documents are often of high importance, and we don't want to risk using compatibles, even though we rarely have any grief from them)!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast