+ Post New Thread
Recommended Suppliers Thread, AB Consulting for your Classroom Control software in Purchasing and Trading; http://abconsulting.com We purchased 5 licenses of AB Tutor Control after trialing it for 30 days. Here is my assessment: 1) ...

Thank Post

AB Consulting for your Classroom Control software

http://abconsulting.com

We purchased 5 licenses of AB Tutor Control after trialing it for 30 days. Here is my assessment:

1) The demo is great. It is only time restricted to 30 days, no other restrictions. You can install the fully working client on as many pcs as you like.

2) It is VERY cheap compared to others. You pay for the Control software licenses, NOT the client licenses. In other words, you could buy 1 license, and control every PC in your school with that PC. We payed £100 per Licence. The more you buy, the cheaper it gets.

3) It does exaclty what it says on the tin without the bells and whistles. Compared to NetOP and Netsupport, it may not do everything they do, but it does ALL the stuff you would expect from this type of software. Look at the features: http://www.abconsulting.com/html/Features.html

4) It does viewing screens really well. I found that with others, screen refreshing was slow and jerkey. With AB, as long as your clients are a reasonable speck then it is live. Even when viewing 30 screens at once.

5) It's great for Administering. You can log on to multiple clients, copy files, run apps, log users off, shutdown and restart etc.

6) It's easy for teachers to temporarily ban apps and URLs. If you apply a policy to ban an app, say IE, it kicks them out immediately and won't let them back in.

7) The licensing in v4 is great. You control which PCs you put the control software onto, and if you change your mind and want to put it on a different PC, you can delete the licensed PC on their website, and re-install on a new one.

8) Almost forgot, the tech support is fantastic!!!

I could go on. If you are looking into classroom control software, check out AB Tutor control

Thank Post

Re: AB Consulting for your Classroom Control software

I completely agree. Just bought 12 licenses and had been beta testing v4 and v4.1. A great product backed up by very good support.

Thank Post

We're just trialling it now - seems MUCH more stable than NetOp has been - and a fraction of the cost.

Thank Post

Ok, i only spent 5 seconds on their website, so didnt find this...Does it merge with AD to find stations etc?

Chris

Thank Post

No, it polls the client service on port 5151. AD integration would be nice in the future, but not essential IMHO. The data file which holds all the config inc room layouts etc can be stored on a server.

Thank Post

It does pull the usernames of users logged onto clients and displays them against the PC name. If I remember correctly, Netsupport doesn't do this. You have to type the names in yourself!

It's great for checking if anyone has logged in twice, or three times, or four.......

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread