+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Paragon Multimedia in Purchasing and Trading; To be entirely honest with you Sysman..I really dont know, the NM and SMT tell me its covered, and thats ...
    Thank Post

Re: Paragon Multimedia

To be entirely honest with you Sysman..I really dont know, the NM and SMT tell me its covered, and thats good enough for me

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I'd get that in writing personally.

Thank Post

I suppose I should...but then again, I *should* wear antistatic wriststraps and crud , I *should* never browse non work related stuff at work , I *should* never do a number of things.

I dont know, I just never bothered with getting stuff in writing. Guess that I've just been doing it my way for so long now (decade and a half) that I just get on and do what I do

Thank Post

Public liability licence.

Thank Post

Just get an email from them saying they authorise you to do it and they take full responsibility for any liabilities that occur. There are enough lawers out there willing to sue the school... by the way you have had the relavant ladder health and safety training (As I said before the hassle I would have to go through to do it myself) even the emails have to be sent in triplicate to get things done around here

Thank Post

I had ladder HS training many years ago, though admittedly I dont know if I need re-training. Bah...lawyers will sue for anything...every week that passes this country gets more like the US, I am surprised most mornings that I can speak to students without written permission without being charged with trying to groom them.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Face-Man
    Just get an email from them saying they authorise you to do it and they take full responsibility for any liabilities that occur. There are enough lawers out there willing to sue the school... by the way you have had the relavant ladder health and safety training (As I said before the hassle I would have to go through to do it myself) even the emails have to be sent in triplicate to get things done around here
    Why? You would be covered by the schools public liability insurance.

Ladder HS course, wtf??!?!?!?! Do you people get anything done without stopping to check if

1. You will be sued
    2.Unless they send you on a course
    3. if you can sue them.

Jesus christ no wonder schools are screwed if everyone had that attitude, jesus guys just get on and do it.

Why on earth would I go on a ladder saftey course? I am not a retard I know how to climb up and down a ladder without falling off, it's called Self preservation!

What next "can't change the toner as I don't have the relevant Toner Changing Health and Saftey Certificate"¬!

Thank Post

See...now look what I have started..I knew I should have lied and just said yes I do have it in writing

Thank Post

Besides we don't use ladders here when we put up projectors, we use the tables, far more sturdy than some damn ladder!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Some of us have been suspended for less.

There are enough lawers out there willing to sue the school...
    I'd be more concerned about a personal law suite.

Thank Post

Suppose it depends how much influence you have at the school then.

Thank Post

Wow...thats pretty harsh. Can honestly say I have never been suspended in my life. (that includes when I was at school myself hehe, yea yeah...teachers pet I know )

I think I've actually walked into a no-win position, on the one hand I see Indiegirl regularly complaining (and quite rightly so) that her NM doesnt do anything, then here I am , doing as much as I can (some apparently say more than I should do), and still cant win.

I have to be honest, if I didnt do cabling, and projectors, IWB etc..I really wouldnt have a whole lot to do other than changing the occassional password. The network is stable, and isnt really in need of expansion, everything is running smoothly (with the occassional exception of a sims update ). Without out the "additional" things that I do, I think my day would entirely consist of just swapping out a mouse or changing a password. For which I would be hard pushed to morally justify my wages. I'd end up spending all day on an internet forum !!

hmm..wait....doh !!!

Thank Post

He does spend all his day on Internet Forums. Thats why I have to work him so hard uninsured as well. Although he does have a "playing on Internet Forum" Certification so I suppose I have to let him.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    £1450 , and 30-40 for the cables ..give or take.

My time..slightly harder to put a price on I guess. Depends how much there is to be done, generally a white board would be put up during a term break, or an inset day. The whiteboard goes up with 4 large screws drilled..so thats about 5 mins. The cabling + trunking takes about 10 mins to put up, projector usually takes the longest to drill into the ceiling..worst case scenario about 40 mins (often takes less to drill it than that though). So maybe..max for the lot is about an hour.

Dont get me wrong..I am not knocking anybody for using a third party to install, I was just curious how much their installation is, because generally the people we've looked at in the past want another 500-750 to install it, ..wish I was paid 500-750 per hour, but sadly I am not quite yet , from what I have seen so far it just works out cheaper *for us* for me to install it

work on the basis your time is worth £900 / day -- pretty standard consultancy rate these days.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast