+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Smartboard Supplier in Purchasing and Trading; First post and very new to this fantastic site. I would like to recommend 'Smarter Solutions' for supply, installation, support ...
    Thank Post

Smartboard Supplier

First post and very new to this fantastic site.

I would like to recommend 'Smarter Solutions' for supply, installation, support and training on Smart Boards.
    We have 28 smart boards here and previously have had 4 different suppliers that were all crap and most are now infact bust but have been using this company for nearly 2 years now and they have been absolutely superb. As you are all aware teachers are the worst bunch of people to actually educate but after various trainging sessions with Smarter Solutions all our boards are in use every day and the project has been a big success.

I would be very interested in any experiences of Interactive Whiteboards from you all.

Thanks

Thank Post

Re: Smartboard Supplier

i hear that smartboards carry various std's, and beat up little children in back alleys to steal their shoes*

*this is probably not true

Thank Post

You dont want a smart board. We have found that touch resistive Techn ology in a class room is pointless. The class room is a high impact world and the boards just don't cut the chase.

Try a hard board like the Interwrite (cheaper with no content) or the promethean (Expensive with content).

Steve

Thank Post

We've had our Smartboards for what must be about 4 years perhaps? Not one problem.

I've had far more problem with promethean boards personally - but we have gone for them because everyone makes resources in the promethean software [yes, i know theres a viewer now] and basically, the staff "seem" to perfer them for some reason lol.

Cheers
    Nath

Thank Post

Possibly becuase they are a little easier to use. I found that I would rest my arm on the smart board to steady my hand when doing really fine detail, which of course made the cursor jump from place to place.

Although not a function on the Promethean , the Interwrite boards can actually be used as a dry erase board and a copy board as well. From what I understand about both hard boards, teacher like to stick things to them with blue tack....you cant do that one a smart board.

Interested forum this anyway....get good feedback on the mine field known as educational AV solutions.

Steve

Thank Post

thats a good point about bluetac, not all teaching materials are electronically kept, seeming more information is now available than ever before, but the old fashioned 'write on the board' scenario wont ever dissapear 8O

Roll on holagraphic displays?!? whats next .. (so long as you dont have to wear the red and green glasses!!)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

I love my smarts over my prometheans, sounds nasty, but die promethean, I miss my smarts (goes to cry in the corner....) The staff love the smart software, and despite telling SMT they don't want any more promethean boards as they don't like them, we still get them as SMT says we cannot swap to another make as that would be stupid, so they are getting less and less use now, we have got 3 that have had a standard white board fixed over them on a slide, and its rare the IWB sees the light of day.

Thank Post

why?

Thank Post

quote:

''The staff love the smart software''

So if you was to put the smart software with either a promethean or GTCO board they would like it? I can see why they may like the software, but the board .. thats beyond me

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by LostCorz

''The staff love the smart software''

So if you was to put the smart software with either a promethean or GTCO board they would like it? I can see why they may like the software, but the board .. thats beyond me roll
    I prefer them as we can keep the pens out of harms way in those 'interesting' classes and they just use their fingers, when the pens have been lost it has been no great loss. The only high impact incident we have had was with one during delivery so we got a replacement, never had one go down in a class. Yes writing on them is a knack but we have now got our MFL department to become almost the most IT literate departement through one SMART board being installed. Now OK that isn't a great accomplishment here (consists of being able to turn on a PC really) but after being very hessitent (this is a department that is still holding on to a few OHPs) and saying they can't use them as you have to write funny to them loving it!

I admit, I've not used anyother sort but I can not imagine how many problems we would have with the pens here. We have a hard enough time getting headphones looked after and collected in!!

Thank Post

Yes, I do run a promethean board with Smart Software on it to help solve the issue of general IWB courses now only catering for Smart users, but you won't change my views, I am Smart Trained and will stay that way.

Thank Post

What's wrong with Promethean boards as hardware? Afterall, interactive whiteboards little more than giant touch pads.

Thank Post

Except a promethean (and other solid surface boards), as its not a touch sensitive board, which is the reason I dont like them, also those pens! AARGH, given 4 out today already! and term doesnt start for another week!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by john
    Except a promethean (and other solid surface boards), as its not a touch sensitive board
    They're not the ones that rely on infra red proximity detection?

Thank Post

no they are electro magnetic technology, the ifa red one your proberbly thinking of could be for example a memio device or a sahara clever touch board. Both not as good as each other, again im more for the hardboards that are electromagnetic (doesnt mean that when you touch it your hair will stand on end! .. shame :? ) because little grubby and heavy handed people arent a problem.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast