+ Post New Thread
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Need a replacement Dell Latitude Battery in Purchasing and Trading; Found a couple on the interweb, just wondering if there are any better prices out there... All i have scribbled ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Need a replacement Dell Latitude Battery

Found a couple on the interweb, just wondering if there are any better prices out there...

All i have scribbled on a post it note here is....

Type: C1295
    11.1v
    4700 mAh

Ta!!

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Be aware that they are known for selling unbranded batteries claiming them to be Dell branded,

Our price is £85.00+vat Genuine DELL and I'll be straight and tell you we make about £6.00 on that so sometimes when an item is too cheap there is a reason!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    Be aware that they are known for selling unbranded batteries claiming them to be Dell branded
    Also be aware of FUD;

MCS advertise these as genuine DELL batteries, to do so and then ship unbranded would be against the law. These batteries arrive in individual DELL factory sealed boxes and appear 100% genuine.

I have bought laptop PSUs, laptop keyboards, standard keyboards and mice as well as batteries from MCS. they arrive in exactly the same packaging as DELL uses when shipping spares, with identical labelling. They do good prices on refurbished DELL systems too.

In case you are interested, I pulled a battery (in a sealed box) at random from our stores; the box in front of me has a label with partno Y1338 packed 15/12/08. Breaking the sealing tape, I find a manufacture date of 2008.11.13 on the battery. It is labelled Type C1295 11.1V 4700mAh Capacity 53WH

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by broc View Post
    Also be aware of FUD;

MCS advertise these as genuine DELL batteries, to do so and then ship unbranded would be against the law. These batteries arrive in individual DELL factory sealed boxes and appear 100% genuine.

I have bought laptop PSUs, laptop keyboards, standard keyboards and mice as well as batteries from MCS. they arrive in exactly the same packaging as DELL uses when shipping spares, with identical labelling. They do good prices on refurbished DELL systems too.

In case you are interested, I pulled a battery (in a sealed box) at random from our stores; the box in front of me has a label with partno Y1338 packed 15/12/08. Breaking the sealing tape, I find a manufacture date of 2008.11.13 on the battery. It is labelled Type C1295 11.1V 4700mAh Capacity 53WH
    We have had emails direct from Dell warning us of fake batteries appearing on the market, they way I see it is if it is too cheap then its fake simple and there has been reports to us on that particular company,
    Interesting how that dont have a phone number to ask them more info also,

I have ask my Dell contact to look into this and will let you know my findings!
    Last edited by CPLTD; 29th January 2009 at 04:27 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread