+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Recommended Suppliers Thread, dabs.com in Purchasing and Trading; ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    As much as I hate giving BT any money, I must admit I ordered from dabs.com on friday. Was the cheapest price around, and I wasnt needing it in a hurry.

Options for delivery were £9.99 for next day delivery, to £1.99 for a 3-5 day delivery.

Chose the 3-5 day delivery, expecting it to arrive some time this week, but lo and behold it turned up the next day, Saturday AM.

Thumbs up
    On the flip side i payed for next day delivery and it took over a week for me to recieve it. I emailed them, i tried to phone them... as far as i can gather there isnt a single human working for them, well i certainly couldnt get hold of one.

Ive never bought from dabs again, not that i never would but i certainly wouldnt rely on them for something i needed urgently, and i deffinatly wont be paying for quick delivery again

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    On the flip side i payed for next day delivery and it took over a week for me to recieve it. I emailed them, i tried to phone them... as far as i can gather there isnt a single human working for them, well i certainly couldnt get hold of one.

Ive never bought from dabs again, not that i never would but i certainly wouldnt rely on them for something i needed urgently, and i deffinatly wont be paying for quick delivery again
    I think this is one of those situations where a good rep is worth its weight in gold. I used them a couple of times years ago and experienced the same problems... when I changed job I opened a business account with them and have a direct line to someone.

Thank Post
    Agreed - Our Dabs Account Manager is worth her weight in gold, and as such I give them a high percentage of our business. Our last Acc Manager there, was a nightmare, so they got next to nothing!

Thank Post
    I've had a terrible experience with Dabs (a few years back) in which I found out there was no way to contact them by phone. I don't know if that's true for businesses but for personal sales that was certainly the case at the time. Even calling their registered business number just put me through to an answerphone telling me to email them!

To cut a long story short it took almost a month to get a refund. I won't go near them again.

Thank Post
    Being in Bolton meant up to a couple of years ago I could go and pick stuff up directly from Dabs as well as Scan.

Scan have always been OK when stuff had gone faulty, but it helps if you are near enough to sort it eyeball to eyeball, not used Dabs since it went BT.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzel View Post
    I've had a terrible experience with Dabs (a few years back) in which I found out there was no way to contact them by phone. I don't know if that's true for businesses but for personal sales that was certainly the case at the time. Even calling their registered business number just put me through to an answerphone telling me to email them!

To cut a long story short it took almost a month to get a refund. I won't go near them again.
    If you are an education customer you get an account manager, direct line and direct email. I agree dabs is nightmare if you need to return items via web, however a doddle when direct account number.

I have had no problems with dabs, i have had same account manager for 10 years!!.

luck of the draw i guess with who you get !!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 975 Posts
    think last time i ordered from them I did get next day delivery with city link but the guy who was delivery for city link must of knocked on the door once gently and drove off so had to make a few phone calls and arrange to pick it up so felt like i wasted a tenner or more on next day delivery when I have to go and pick it up cos they cant be bothered to knock properly and or wait long enough for you to answer the door.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12