+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Laptop Cabinets... any suggestions? in Purchasing and Trading; just bought 5 from Laptop Security Cabinets and Trolleys seemed good quality and value....

Thank Post
    just bought 5 from Laptop Security Cabinets and Trolleys seemed good quality and value.

Thank Post
    Hi,
    If you're still looking we have 2 "Bretford 16" laptop trolleys which have recently become surplus to requirements. They're both about 5 years old but still work as they should. This type is still made so details/appearance etc. are readily available with a little "browsing".
    If you're interested let me know. For info the above "we" is a school in Dorset.
    Regards.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I had two trolleys from keepitsecure, we had a breakin at my last place and they took a real seeing to with crowbars, didn't get in, all laptops were untouched. The guys there were very helpful with collection of the damaged unit and repair, they managed to salvage the undamaged parts of the trolley. On the down side the 240V power cables and the charging lights on the trolley stick out and are prone to getting damaged. Too heavy to be wheeled around by kids, or those without fairbit of strength to get them moving, we tended to remove the laptops and carry them in a plastic container rather than lug the thing about. also if there is anything higher than a carpet strip it is difficult to get over it, flat floors only. Laptop Security Cabinets and Trolleys I am trying to get the place I am working now to buy into them as for the money they are worth it.

rad
    Thank Post
    Sorry to add to this resurrected post:

We got a Lapsafe delivered the other day. We have one already so know what they are like.

Can't comment yet on their customer service but not happy with the one delivered yesterday.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    Sorry to add to this resurrected post:

We got a Lapsafe delivered the other day. We have one already so know what they are like.

Can't comment yet on their customer service but not happy with the one delivered yesterday.
    Would be alot better if you could explain why your not happy with the one you had delivered, Also you say you cant comment on there customer service so havent you called them today to explain your feelings regarding the trolley ?

As a Lapsafe partner I will glady get our rep Mark to give you a call and sort of any problems you have

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Blog Entries
    jesus simon you work late!!!! you on commission?

On another note, we got 2 laptop trolleys, now no longer in use for the fact that the teachers didnt supervise the children when using it, and a child had there foot run over and 3 bones were broken because of it.

They are now used to store books for the SATs lessons and exam preparations. Otherwise I would not recommend it, as they weigh a tonne, once moving they are fine, but hard to control when turning. Also the whole power section where you plug chargers in, you need to get customised each time you put different brands of equipment in. Its a big hassle, for little gain.

They do have there uses, dont get me wrong, they would be fantastic in a business setting when doing some meetings or whatever, but in a school, no, you will lose out in terms of functionality.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    One of our laptop trolleys is now a camcorder cupboard has been ripped apart and modifed to do the job, another is a gloriefied projector / laptop stand and another is going to be turned into a High End music cupboard for High End Music Technology stuff if I get my way and music get some funding. Needless to say they are in these uses as they are empty of laptops.

Thank Post
    One of ours has become a mobile workshop for the site manager - robust steel cabinet for storing tools in, plenty of power sockets, nice stable flat top for a work surface, he's mounted a vice on it; ideal. Far more functional then when we used it to store laptops in !

rad
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    Would be alot better if you could explain why your not happy with the one you had delivered, Also you say you cant comment on there customer service so havent you called them today to explain your feelings regarding the trolley ?

As a Lapsafe partner I will glady get our rep Mark to give you a call and sort of any problems you have
    Why am I not happy - Cos it appears they have screwed the thing in with a hammer drill and bent the joins causing the metal to bend (and someone to catch their fingers in the holes). We bought it through RM so are going to them not Lapsafe, hence unable to comment on Customer Service yet. I do have pictures but it is wrong before they have had the chance to comment, deal with the issue.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    Why am I not happy - Cos it appears they have screwed the thing in with a hammer drill and bent the joins causing the metal to bend (and someone to catch their fingers in the holes). We bought it through RM so are going to them not Lapsafe, hence unable to comment on Customer Service yet. I do have pictures but it is wrong before they have had the chance to comment, deal with the issue.
    This is very unusual as there Quality Control is of very high standard, be sure to let me know if you require any further help

Thank Post

Just my 2p

Lapsafe
    Pros -
    >They don't require you to use the original AC adapter that came with the laptop
    Cons
    >If you change you laptops you have to buy new modules to go in the trolley

Loxit
    Pros
    Sturdy
    >No Mains smoother or gradual power on so they will trip your mains ring. We solved this by buying the
    Bretford smoothing unit
    Cons
    >AC Adapter is flopping about inside the shelf if you don't put some hours into zip tieing it all up.

LapCabby (20v New fisher price type)
    Pros
    >Pull Out Trays easier to zip tie AC adapters in have small basket like things to hold them
    >Customer Service good when they broke down
    >Gradually clicks on each 5 way in turn so it won't trip most electric systems
    Cons
    >Both our needed had the locks replaced as they broke first time the kids were let loose with them
    >Stupid Unnessessary complecated timer system. We have to set it to be on mon-fri 05:00-23:59 so that it is set to charge at all times
    >No 1st floor delivery so 3 men had to haul it up staires risking hernias
    >Made of chipboard so no security just storage and charging

Thank Post

Laptop charging trolleys

Quote Originally Posted by Alis_Klar View Post
    Lapsafe
    Pros -
    >They don't require you to use the original AC adapter that came with the laptop
    Cons
    >If you change you laptops you have to buy new modules to go in the trolley

Loxit
    Pros
    Sturdy
    >No Mains smoother or gradual power on so they will trip your mains ring. We solved this by buying the
    Bretford smoothing unit
    Cons
    >AC Adapter is flopping about inside the shelf if you don't put some hours into zip tieing it all up.

LapCabby (20v New fisher price type)
    Pros
    >Pull Out Trays easier to zip tie AC adapters in have small basket like things to hold them
    >Customer Service good when they broke down
    >Gradually clicks on each 5 way in turn so it won't trip most electric systems
    Cons
    >Both our needed had the locks replaced as they broke first time the kids were let loose with them
    >Stupid Unnessessary complecated timer system. We have to set it to be on mon-fri 05:00-23:59 so that it is set to charge at all times
    >No 1st floor delivery so 3 men had to haul it up staires risking hernias
    >Made of chipboard so no security just storage and charging
    Hiya, could not help to smile when I read these comparisons. We are buying yet another LapSafe charging trolley this summer and I got this from their website. Makes sense although a bit cheecky. Imitation_charging_trolleys

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12