+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Laptop Cabinets... any suggestions? in Purchasing and Trading; just bought 5 from Laptop Security Cabinets and Trolleys seemed good quality and value....
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    27
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    13
    just bought 5 from Laptop Security Cabinets and Trolleys seemed good quality and value.

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi,
    If you're still looking we have 2 "Bretford 16" laptop trolleys which have recently become surplus to requirements. They're both about 5 years old but still work as they should. This type is still made so details/appearance etc. are readily available with a little "browsing".
    If you're interested let me know. For info the above "we" is a school in Dorset.
    Regards.

  3. #18
    Hacksawbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North West UK
    Posts
    192
    Thank Post
    13
    Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    18
    I had two trolleys from keepitsecure, we had a breakin at my last place and they took a real seeing to with crowbars, didn't get in, all laptops were untouched. The guys there were very helpful with collection of the damaged unit and repair, they managed to salvage the undamaged parts of the trolley. On the down side the 240V power cables and the charging lights on the trolley stick out and are prone to getting damaged. Too heavy to be wheeled around by kids, or those without fairbit of strength to get them moving, we tended to remove the laptops and carry them in a plastic container rather than lug the thing about. also if there is anything higher than a carpet strip it is difficult to get over it, flat floors only. Laptop Security Cabinets and Trolleys I am trying to get the place I am working now to buy into them as for the money they are worth it.

  4. #19
    rad
    rad is offline
    rad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    2,529
    Thank Post
    339
    Thanked 319 Times in 242 Posts
    Rep Power
    112
    Sorry to add to this resurrected post:

    We got a Lapsafe delivered the other day. We have one already so know what they are like.

    Can't comment yet on their customer service but not happy with the one delivered yesterday.

  5. #20

    CPLTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    4,072
    Thank Post
    1,404
    Thanked 652 Times in 507 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    Sorry to add to this resurrected post:

    We got a Lapsafe delivered the other day. We have one already so know what they are like.

    Can't comment yet on their customer service but not happy with the one delivered yesterday.
    Would be alot better if you could explain why your not happy with the one you had delivered, Also you say you cant comment on there customer service so havent you called them today to explain your feelings regarding the trolley ?

    As a Lapsafe partner I will glady get our rep Mark to give you a call and sort of any problems you have

  6. #21

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    12,281
    Thank Post
    1,670
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    451
    jesus simon you work late!!!! you on commission?

    On another note, we got 2 laptop trolleys, now no longer in use for the fact that the teachers didnt supervise the children when using it, and a child had there foot run over and 3 bones were broken because of it.

    They are now used to store books for the SATs lessons and exam preparations. Otherwise I would not recommend it, as they weigh a tonne, once moving they are fine, but hard to control when turning. Also the whole power section where you plug chargers in, you need to get customised each time you put different brands of equipment in. Its a big hassle, for little gain.

    They do have there uses, dont get me wrong, they would be fantastic in a business setting when doing some meetings or whatever, but in a school, no, you will lose out in terms of functionality.

  7. #22

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,407
    Thank Post
    1,520
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Rep Power
    303
    One of our laptop trolleys is now a camcorder cupboard has been ripped apart and modifed to do the job, another is a gloriefied projector / laptop stand and another is going to be turned into a High End music cupboard for High End Music Technology stuff if I get my way and music get some funding. Needless to say they are in these uses as they are empty of laptops.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Heywood, Lancs
    Posts
    222
    Thank Post
    7
    Thanked 53 Times in 48 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    One of ours has become a mobile workshop for the site manager - robust steel cabinet for storing tools in, plenty of power sockets, nice stable flat top for a work surface, he's mounted a vice on it; ideal. Far more functional then when we used it to store laptops in !

  9. #24
    rad
    rad is offline
    rad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    2,529
    Thank Post
    339
    Thanked 319 Times in 242 Posts
    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    Would be alot better if you could explain why your not happy with the one you had delivered, Also you say you cant comment on there customer service so havent you called them today to explain your feelings regarding the trolley ?

    As a Lapsafe partner I will glady get our rep Mark to give you a call and sort of any problems you have
    Why am I not happy - Cos it appears they have screwed the thing in with a hammer drill and bent the joins causing the metal to bend (and someone to catch their fingers in the holes). We bought it through RM so are going to them not Lapsafe, hence unable to comment on Customer Service yet. I do have pictures but it is wrong before they have had the chance to comment, deal with the issue.

  10. #25

    CPLTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    4,072
    Thank Post
    1,404
    Thanked 652 Times in 507 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    Why am I not happy - Cos it appears they have screwed the thing in with a hammer drill and bent the joins causing the metal to bend (and someone to catch their fingers in the holes). We bought it through RM so are going to them not Lapsafe, hence unable to comment on Customer Service yet. I do have pictures but it is wrong before they have had the chance to comment, deal with the issue.
    This is very unusual as there Quality Control is of very high standard, be sure to let me know if you require any further help

  11. #26
    Alis_Klar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Birmingham
    Posts
    308
    Thank Post
    156
    Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    19

    Just my 2p

    Lapsafe
    Pros -
    >They don't require you to use the original AC adapter that came with the laptop
    Cons
    >If you change you laptops you have to buy new modules to go in the trolley

    Loxit
    Pros
    Sturdy
    >No Mains smoother or gradual power on so they will trip your mains ring. We solved this by buying the
    Bretford smoothing unit
    Cons
    >AC Adapter is flopping about inside the shelf if you don't put some hours into zip tieing it all up.

    LapCabby (20v New fisher price type)
    Pros
    >Pull Out Trays easier to zip tie AC adapters in have small basket like things to hold them
    >Customer Service good when they broke down
    >Gradually clicks on each 5 way in turn so it won't trip most electric systems
    Cons
    >Both our needed had the locks replaced as they broke first time the kids were let loose with them
    >Stupid Unnessessary complecated timer system. We have to set it to be on mon-fri 05:00-23:59 so that it is set to charge at all times
    >No 1st floor delivery so 3 men had to haul it up staires risking hernias
    >Made of chipboard so no security just storage and charging

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Laptop charging trolleys

    Quote Originally Posted by Alis_Klar View Post
    Lapsafe
    Pros -
    >They don't require you to use the original AC adapter that came with the laptop
    Cons
    >If you change you laptops you have to buy new modules to go in the trolley

    Loxit
    Pros
    Sturdy
    >No Mains smoother or gradual power on so they will trip your mains ring. We solved this by buying the
    Bretford smoothing unit
    Cons
    >AC Adapter is flopping about inside the shelf if you don't put some hours into zip tieing it all up.

    LapCabby (20v New fisher price type)
    Pros
    >Pull Out Trays easier to zip tie AC adapters in have small basket like things to hold them
    >Customer Service good when they broke down
    >Gradually clicks on each 5 way in turn so it won't trip most electric systems
    Cons
    >Both our needed had the locks replaced as they broke first time the kids were let loose with them
    >Stupid Unnessessary complecated timer system. We have to set it to be on mon-fri 05:00-23:59 so that it is set to charge at all times
    >No 1st floor delivery so 3 men had to haul it up staires risking hernias
    >Made of chipboard so no security just storage and charging
    Hiya, could not help to smile when I read these comparisons. We are buying yet another LapSafe charging trolley this summer and I got this from their website. Makes sense although a bit cheecky. Imitation_charging_trolleys

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. How do you wire your cabinets?
    By maniac in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 6th December 2007, 03:09 PM
  2. Cabinets For Grabs
    By Ste_Harve in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th June 2007, 03:34 PM
  3. SERVER CABINETS
    By alan-d in forum Our Advertisers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 1st May 2007, 01:38 PM
  4. Server Cabinets
    By mortstar in forum Hardware
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 20th April 2007, 01:54 PM
  5. SERVER CABINETS
    By alan-d in forum Hardware
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 15th September 2006, 08:47 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •