+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Recommended Suppliers Thread, SCL Online - First Class Service and Delivery in Purchasing and Trading; We have just moved into a brand new school which needed a major refit of computer equipment. The school was ...

Thank Post

SCL Online - First Class Service and Delivery

We have just moved into a brand new school which needed a major refit of computer equipment. The school was built as a PFI project and had been planned years in advance. Much of the furniture was quite narrow and so we decided to opt for an all-in-one solution. After much deliberation and many quotes and trials we decided on the AIO from SCL Online. From the onset SCL were extremely helpful providing us with a demonstration unit to test prior to our move. Delivery was absolutely spot on time and having bought in excess o 250 workstations we wanted to be sure the equipment was good. All but one or two were perfect and the one or two were only loose cabling that had moved in transit. The after sales service is also very good with a very good turn round for queries or issues relating to problems experienced... not that we have any. The product is robust, cool, nice looking and most importantly performs as you would want.

SCL get a big thumbs up from me.... in fact we have just ordered another 74 machines for front of classroom teacher use.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbjs View Post
    Delivery was absolutely spot on time and having bought in excess o 250 workstations we wanted to be sure the equipment was good.
    Yep, we're looking at those all-in-ones too. Look like a bargain. Divide your number by 10 to get the number we'll be wanting, though :-)

--
    David Hicks

GAS

Thank Post

Smile

We use SCL since 2 years and brought nearly 200 pc so far only 1 had problem and fixed in no time.

Price, Delivery and support is excellent. And thumbs up from me as well.

Ajay

Thank Post
    Thanks for the glowing references ctbjs and GAS. Its always nice to hear these things from happy customers.

Thank Post
    Hmm - I seem to remember the last time I put in a request for a 100k tender to SCL I chased for about a fortnight and did not get anything back.

Sounds like things have improved a little so might have to look again at SCL as one of the companies I send the tender to.

Thank Post
    Hi limbo

Do you mind me asking what school you are from? This doesnt sound like something SCL would have done - we get all quotes over to the customer on the same day, usually straight away so this seems strange.

I notice your original post said something about a Laptops for Teachers order being placed and you having trouble with that but we weren't involved in this scheme?

I just want to check that you aren't getting us confused with someone else that is all because this definitely doesnt sound like something SCL would have done

Regards

Thank Post
    SCC did the Laptops for Teachers. It's easy to confuse the 2.

Thank Post
    It's good to hear smaller(?) companies like SCL are managing to keep a foothold in the doors of PFI schools without all the big-arse companies winning the tenders

Granted we don't order quantities of PC's anywhere near those of the OP but SCL do look after their smaller punters too

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops_my_bad View Post
    It's good to hear smaller(?) companies like SCL are managing to keep a foothold in the doors of PFI schools without all the big-arse companies winning the tenders

Granted we don't order quantities of PC's anywhere near those of the OP but SCL do look after their smaller punters too
    Cheers Oops. We look after our customers no matter how large or small their requirements are.

Thanks again guys for your kind comments

Thank Post
    Sorry Guys - do not seem to be getting notifications about posts.

The laptops for teachers thing was a confusion with SCC - that is why I took it out - that's what happens when I rely on my hazy memory!

I have exchanged with PM's with Elky on this one and I am looking to include SCL Online in our next tender run based on the positive comments from other users on the forum.

Thank Post
    Thanks for clearing that up limbo. I'll look forward to hearing from you in the near future!

Thank Post
    I got one of the SCLonline booklets earlier this year and being bored at the time, actually read it all the way through (look, I said I was bored, should get out more I know, I know) and spotted the little "Tell us what you have or may want in ICT and we'll send you a free pen drive".

SO I did, and they did. Since then, not had the need for much in the way of desktops but last week the school secretary asked for my recommendation for a new PC for her. I browsed a couple of sites and got a few prices for her, then emailed Dan at SCLonline, with what I thought was a good spec machine for her.

Dan got back to me a day or so later with his price for the machine! Jaw hit the floor at the price offered!

We placed the order on the Wednesday, machine would be with us by this Monday/Tuesday. It arrived Friday and I spent a good part of Saturday setting it up for her.

I have to say that my school will sooner or later be replacing our ICT suite, machines and server. It's always a scary time and we may end up doing a deal with RM again.......

BUT having seen the build quality of the SCL machine, at the price as well (400). The machine is a Pentium 2 Dual Core, it runs so fast a fun Messenger add on is nearly invisible! The machine is so solid and heavy the build is fantastic. I have NO reservation whatsoever in recommending to my school that we consider SCLonline for replacing our machines in due course.

Having seen what this machine looks like, and how fast it runs, I then went and asked for a price on a Quad Core for myself! It's coming up at 60% of an Ev#sh#m I bought 18 months ago, and 250% better machine. Can't wait for the price to come though tomorrow.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Another vote for SCL
    Sorry Elky, but that lovely Mark gets my vote:
    Friendly, helpful, happy, and just plain gorgeous, as far as I am concerned!!
    He's always there with a mouse or keyboard when I need him

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Another vote for SCL
    Sorry Elky, but that lovely Mark gets my vote:
    Friendly, helpful, happy, and just plain gorgeous, as far as I am concerned!!
    He's always there with a mouse or keyboard when I need him
    Hmm, we are talking about the same Mark here right??!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Oh Yeah

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast